OpenSauce Live - San Francisco show

And a laser, and a plasma torch, and a …

… extruder! :rofl:

Just saw this. Youtuber making to San Francisco for Open Sauce I want to meet you, but I need your help! (Open Sauce + LTX Expo) - YouTube

2 Likes

I saw him later in the evening, he made it.

This show is absolutely wild. Not a RRF at all. I love the project diversity. I will try to take more pics but out of context they might not seem as impressive.

Maslow CNC is back to the original creator, has a new version. He is infectiously enthusiastic, hope we get to talk some more but one of us is always talking to people.

That pink handheld CNC team is right next to me, super fun. They are crushing bugs and implementing features on the fly. Looks like a fun tool. I hope they pursue this project further.

It is odd to recognize so many YouTube people, and not recognize some. I was talking to one gentleman sever times, people would walk up and lose their minds to see him. Fun

So many updates, I’ll try to take notes and more pictures.

6 Likes

Shoot didnt realize I replied in gmail! Nice setup! maybe you could talk mrrf peeps into changing venue to include the stuff you have seen there??

4 Likes

Uhhhhh, do you know everyone in this picture? What a great conversation, like beyond awesome.

Wild day…beyond wild.

5 Likes

I took a bunch of pictures and vid clips today. Might need to wait until I get home though to upload more.

The crowd in our section midday.

5 Likes

Just meet you today and thank you for your recommendations and I’ll deferentially be trying to build a MPCNC mainly so I can do it to help my mom and using the router feature. Also what is the default size that is recommended for the kit.

7 Likes

I remember absolutely!

For the MPCNC primo you can go up to about 24" x 24". Bit smaller is better.

4 Likes

Hello @Baden_Armstrong! Welcome to the V1 Engineering community!

LowRider 3 is a nice machine to build if you’re wanting to build larger than 24".

Good luck with your build! Cheers!

2 Likes

I’ll be honest. I see Ryan, the maslow folks, and Aza photo bombing. I’m not sure who the other two are. They definitely look friendly.

Opulo/lumenPNP, and Scienci/longmill, and yup Maslow team (I had fun messing with them a few times). Winston makes was there, I guess if he stopped by for that picture we would have had all the CNC the building had to offer in one place but I have not seen him yet.

4 Likes

This has me very intrigued. IT looks like a lot of fun engineering, SSP Kit

We were told the 3lb class was a good place to start.

There was one there called beartrap that grabs you from the bottom and a bea rtrap jaw on top then flamethrowers you until your electronics melt. If that doesn’t sound rad I do not know what does.

5 Likes

Little LR cameo in this vid, building a portrait robot for Open Sauce - YouTube

4 Likes

Cool!

3 Likes

Open Sauce was AwesomeSauce. Consider checking out related videos of the event.

Briefly mentioned my Open Sauce experience already. But wanted to share some additional details…

Ryan had a great setup, managing to pack a bunch of machines, samples and information into the space available. I had some of @jamiek’s wooden inlay coins from RMRRF that were great to help show Visitors that had questions about machine accuracy. Brought my printer out for Sunday but it didn’t add much value, Visitors were already visually hooked into stopping by once they saw Ryan’s ZenXY and LR3.

We were situated next to a bunch of other interesting CNC, PCB, Printer folks. Was great getting to chat with other people passionate about this space.

Originally planned to watch chat sessions with YouTubers that have influenced/entertained/edutained me. However, there were so many Visitors passing by the V1E Exhibit that would stop to chat, that I was very happy just spending a bulk of the time meeting and chatting with like minded makers/creators.

Was great having an opportunity to inform, excite and inspire Visitors how V1E.com contains links to designs, documention, videos for exhibited machines that are free to download (e.g. LowRider 3 design, MP3DP v4.1, ZenXY v2, MPCNC 23.5mm/25mm/25.4mm ). Sharing that kits are available to buy from the V1E Shop to help de-risk and accelerate their builds, while supporting Ryan to create more V1E designs.

Was great being able to share how this forum is a fun respectful positive chill space for builders/makers with various backgrounds to help elevate one another. A community focused on experimenting (e.g. plasma torches ), building, and modifying great value globally accessible machines. A global relatively enlightened tribe that recognizes and appreciates great work others do. Shared that I appreciate how we try to avoid devolving into the negative us vs them trap that some groups slip towards. Shared that some members build for the fun/joy of building machines and/or for the utility value they have for business/personal interests. Shared that part of the fun/value is that many of us are creating, sharing and using mods created by fellow community members.

Enjoyed learning about, and listening to what areas/projects Visitors are interested in, and, help connect them to solutions (V1E or otherwise), that help enable, spark ideas and inspire them, and their kids, onto their own successful build/project journeys.

Shared examples of various projects that V1E community members are building, for example small precise inlayed earrings, large Alu Zenith Ch 750 aeroplanes, architectural beams, camper van parts/furniture, residential/commercial logos/signage, etc… Encouraged folks to check out the project galleries for ideas, even if V1E isn’t a good fit for their immediate needs/interests.

OpenSauce was tons of fun, so much to see, lots of interesting Visitors, exhibits, and exhibitors to meet and chat with. Already intending to visit again next year, will fly, hopefully with some portable V1E build. Looks like ticket(s) for Open Sauce 2024 are already available.

@Open-Sauce-Visitors reading this, was nice to meet you :slight_smile: Cheers!

9 Likes

COOL! Love it.

3 Likes

I think this is the most Underrated aspect of V1E, this forum.

You cant imagine what a powerful combination this is and how affordable you can make your build, not just the fact that whatever mod you want to do to your machine is already out in the forum. The tone, the explanations people give to you when something goes south. I’ve had been dealing with the openbuilds forum a lot ( and some responses there ain’t friendly). Been doing an overhaul to a machine i got cheap and ended up costing a full month of my free time (and a pricetag to build 2-3 lr3) when adding up and had to do most of the thing reading and interpreting the assembly of the SketchUp mockups of the machine.

Ryan, jeffb, Dan, Dough, Jaimie, and others. These guys are golden.

Also some friends of mine are interested into getting some LR3 (after they read about the new controller). Lets hope they can enter the fam.

11 Likes

I was in a CNC Kitchen video…twice!

Kinda

:laughing:

This second one was right before the picture taken above with all the CNC companies, I did not think that pic could have gotten better but if Stefan would have stopped in it would!

I did get to talk with him a bit, we were talking about RMRRF and someone jumped in and we both gave up in our chat.

6 Likes

Okay Application is in for Open Sauce 2024 - at San Fransisco’s Cow Palace.

2 Likes