Images/slideshows/promotional videos of v1e

Hi all
This weekend I’m going to the maker faire in Trondheim. I’m thinking about setting up a screen to show the different v1e machines and what they are capable of. (I wish I could display them all live!!)
Is there a good video out there, or slide show that is already made - that I can use?

And one other thing - at the last faire you guys attended - I think I saw stacks of small info cards about each machine. Are those available as well?

3 Likes

Sounds fun. Think Ryan saved some video(s) of recent Alu and wood cuts he made onto a tablet that played videos looped. So he didn’t have to rely on wifi. He also had the cut pieces featured in the videos on display for people to look at.

Alternatively, there’s a bunch of great videos in the V1E CNC playlist Ryan keeps adding to…

The QR code cards @vicious1 made for OpenSauce seemed helpful. They were so popular with people, that some of the cards were taken by visitors not realizing they should just take a photo. Consider taping/screwing down anything you want to keep :grinning:

4 Likes

Yeah, they seemed really nice! From the pictures, it seemed like they were meant to be handed out. I’ll see if I can get nice prints from the copy shop at work, or I’ll just print something on my own to tape down :laughing:

2 Likes

Noticed bunch of logo files in https://github.com/V1EngineeringInc/V1EngineeringInc-Docs/tree/master/docs/img/logo maybe these QR code cards and other Maker event material will end up added to github too?

Quickly knocked up this at RMRRF, but Ryan had better info at Opensauce.

I think I saved all that in a folder. I will put it on drop box if I have it.

1 Like

You guys need to step up your game, 3/4 of the videos are mine, @Jonathjon and @DougJoseph’s… :smiley:

1 Like

Wait a min. I have videos in the playlist??? Dang. And here I thought mine were all crappy lol

2 Likes

Ryan just adds everything. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But actually the LED rider is kind of cool. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Sorry I didn’t forget about you. It was a crazy day, my girl got charged by a couple dogs while her daughter was holding a cat. It got a little hectic, the cat and her daughter are good Super Mom has a rope burn from a leash on one hand and her other thumb looks like a pin cushion from a bite and three teeth punctured her thumbnail…how freaky would that have been. She is pretty amazing.

So, this computer doesn’t have any other files on it. I was pretty sure I did the QR codes on this one. I will check the one I brought to the show, I hope I backed it up on there. If not I think I have one of each left and I will take a really good picture of them.

No worries! I’ve actually been thinking that you probably had more important things to attend to, and it definately seems like it! Girl, kids and pets goes first. We had first day at school for our youngest daughter yesterday, and it felt good to spend the time with her - following her - and seeing her off in the classroom! Didn’t think about work for a second.

Don’t make a hassle with the images. I can easily make a piece of paper with the QR-codes and each build and stick it somehwere easy to point out.

1 Like

I have nightmares about that kind of situation. Glad everyone is OK, aside from the minor injuries.

2 Likes

Thanks. It was the kids first day yesterday as well…such a crazy day from start to finish. Normal day today.

I checked the laptop I do not have the Image files anymore for the QR codes. What a bummer.

The cards I have are even missing. Open sauce messed them up pretty good.

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ll make these myself, perhaps two machines pr a4 sheet, and tape them up :+1:

Sorry.

Man I checked everywhere a second time. I really really thought I backed those up. I am not happy with myself right now.

OMG…The USB I took to Staples to get them printed on fancy

1 Like

YESSS!!!
I have them all!

Images and editable SVG’s!

3 Likes

Downloaded and saved on my Google drive :rofl:

1 Like

All day with that stuff…It feels better than getting that song from being stuck in your head!

8675309 Jenny I got your…crap

2 Likes

Laminated for nice and easy hanging on the walls.

3 Likes