New Sign

How about it JJ? can you make a video out of cutting the YZ plates and I’ll pick up the costs? Let me know what your charge would be + materials if interested. I have the metric taps for tapping the M3 screw holes. Postscript - (Never thought about printing them, that may be a lower-cost option to get mine up and running…)

1 Like

Mike, what was the thickness of your print nozzle? I was going to change it to .6mm for printing these parts, but wonder if anyone has gone up to 1.0mm nozzle and if this would make stronger parts, just not as aesthetically pleasing I would guess.

0.6 nozzle. I probably printed at 0.36 layer height.

I have a small printer, so I printed in 2 parts and epoxied together

1 Like

Did you add some kind of notch or slot (tongue and groove) to the two halves or just butt joint them? Without pulling up the DXF/cut files I have a 250220220mm print capability on my Anycubic Kobra 2 Neo which also has a very good print speed - is my build platform big enough to print in one piece?

1 Like

I split the model as shown in the Printables link that was in the post above.

1 Like

JJ, as I said, Wife did a super job on this, but sometimes fitting text to a shape area messes with the perspective, so I spent a little time to “tweak” the kerning and lettering at the top to read a little straighter. Hope you don’t mind me messing with your Wife’s fine work.

break_in_v2

1 Like

My wife didn’t make the sign, it was an SVG off Etsy. She gets fancy with the photography LOL.

As far as making the plates I can sure try. I just don’t know when LOL. I have another 2ish weeks home before I’m back off shore for 4 weeks. We will see if I can get to it before I leave or not. Cant make any promises.

1 Like

Y’all need some frog plates.

1 Like

Green anodised and laser etched! :face_with_spiral_eyes:

Quak: