MP3DP V4 Build - SW Virginia

What type of bezel are you thinking of doing for the TFT?

I just made one for my TFT35e3v3. It’s a flat bezel. The screen mounts from the back of the bezel, then 4 5mm bolts hold the bezel onto any flat surface.

I can provide you the design if you’re interested.

I have the space between the two front panels I put on. Thinking that the bottom (below the bottom panel) will be a couple fans as the Manta is directly behind it and the top section to the cross bar will be a tilted housing for the display.

Here -------------------------^^^^

Ah. Nice.

Hey @probrwr @gpagnozzi, appreciate all the CAN bus setup details.

Did you use Marlin with your CAN bus setup at any point, or did you just go straight to Klipper? Do you use OctoPi, or MainSail, or something else to control the printer? Cheers!

Sorry about that! I have switched almost all of my printers to Klipper with Mainsail. I have not tried Fluidd nor Octoprint with Klipper. I find Octoprint very resource intensive vs Mainsail.

Since the CB1 does not have the full capability of a Pi4b i figured i would use the options that BIQU recommended.

1 Like

Not just that, Mainsail and Fluidd are made for Klipper, much better performance.

I do have my CR10S-Pro running Klipper with MainSail, the original Repeat was also controlled with MainSail, but that will change as soon as I finish converting it to the V4.1

What are you planning for v4.1 ?

I’ve heard this in several places, but it isn’t true. I have ran it on pis for a very long time (way before the 3b+) and I haven’t ever thought it was resource intensive. I run a lot of plugins and the pi still runs great. I didn’t like running it on a pi zero w, but it still worked. And this is on my v1pi image, which also runs cncjs.

I don’t want to start an argument. But I also don’t like to see people complain about octoprint performance. It is a much more mature project with a lot of excellent features (like plugins and an easy install).

1 Like

I’m planning to try Fluidd… we will see.

Interesting! It is odd but i feel like Octoprint is less responsive than Mainsail. I have not tried octoprintband klipper together though

I was more referring to tye factbthaybyhe CB1 is lower powered than a CM4 or Pi3 or higher.

Hey @probrwr, able to share any pic(s) of your stranded flexible Cat cable based CAN bus setup?

Only saw 2 CAN bus wires (data via the white and blue?) connected in your earlier pic, guessing you’re sourcing power for the 2 split across two pairs elsewhere, or after this pic was taken?

From Manta-M8P/BIGTREETECH MANTA M8P V1.1 PinOut.png at master · bigtreetech/Manta-M8P · GitHub

Am using Octopus v1.1 instead of Manta-M8P, so am following info in GitHub - bigtreetech/BIGTREETECH-OCTOPUS-V1.0: This is Octopus open source material

Sorry, i am outvof twon for the week. Beer Confernece in Nashville… work, what are ya gonna do.

I used CAT6 patch cord. Make sure itvis a patch cord as that will get you stranded wire. Mine was left over from an old cnc router i built.

I routed the power directly to the power supply.

Sorry, lul in my progress. I had to go to Nashville and pick this up…

Possibly one of my top 10 days of my life!

2 Likes

Congrats on the win Mike! Billy Boy’s Scotch Ale sounds like fun, as does the World Beer Cup event. Nice!

Couldn’t find Billy Boy’s on https://parkwaybrewing.com website. Look forward to visiting the tasting room, and/or picking up some brews from Parkway Brewing Company if/when visiting Salem, VA 24153.

One of my favorite local brews is “Splinters”, a barrel aged scotch ale by Black Raven, delicious but dangerous at 10.8%…

Cheers!

1 Like

Billy Boys was a small in house batch we do once a year. Might need to be more often now though!

1 Like

How awesome is that, there has to be huge competition, congratulations on rising to the top!

It is pretty big. I have been trying to win something at this level for over 20 years. Changed our tactics this year. It worked.

3 Likes

Was it bribery? Just kidding. Congratulations! An amazing achievement.

lol, I wish it was that easy! Random judges and blind tasting. This year was a bumper crop with over 10000 entries across 103 categories.

We have discovered that our beers sell great but don’t compete well. So we are using our smaller system to brew for competition specifically.

The same thing is done at most BBQ competitions. The competitors will crank up the big smoker to cook all the meat that’s required for feeding people, then they’ll run a smaller smoker with just the competition meat in it.