Mp3dp v4 bom

Every time I build one I do things a bit differently. This new one with the panels for sides. Seems a lot easier to do…it is not done yet. It is also forcing me to rethink wire management a bit. (Honestly, every time I build any of my machines this happens)

1 Like

Never heard of her…

Don’t judge too hard. Once it’s actually running right I do plan to fix it up lol

2 Likes

That’s what I said with my Repeat… It still looks kind of like that…

Unfortunately there is a good chance the same will happen to me…but I’m really hoping to make it better lol. Right now my concern is on making it function more than it is appearance.

I call this art!

1 Like

Am trying to solve the MP3DP v4 BOM Puzzle. Using the clues in this topic and following info:

Edit: Moved latest BOM am working against to my build thread. Hoping to delete from there too when MP3DP v4 docs contain BOM info.

You just need some straps or ties. You’re close.

I am using a CAN board instead of an umbilical cord on my next printer.

I watched Teaching Tech’s video on this and it looks very interesting. Lets us know how it works for you!

Teethed idlers are need on the toothed side of the belt or you will see print artifacts of each bump. We use 6 Teethed idlers and 2 smooth ones for XY, On the Z axis we use 6 smooth ones.

(Z rail length + 100mm )*3

(Xrail + 100mm) *4
Yrail *4

That should give you plenty of extra.

5 pulleys

yes

yes

5 Steppers

Not optical, and we only use 2. The omron on teh store. work great as well as the red roller ones we used to use.

Now that I have LR3 CNC plasma and 48” magnabend, I can custom cut and bend sheet metal for enclosure walls and such! I’m eyeing this!

Nuke it from orbit . It’s the only way to be sure."
(Ellen Ripley)

That would be amazing, it would be a true test of your precision with that bender.

I am making one out of HDPE right now.

ooops.

4 Likes

Sharp looking! How thick?

I have a small stockpile of 9.5mm stuff. I bought a stack of 10-12 cutoff quarter sheets at half price last year.

It machines so well I could not pass up the deal.

1 Like

Our local Menards home improvement store stocks 4x8 1/4” HDPE in black and white! 1/2” available for ship to store orders.

Cheers! Thanks for clarifying/corrections. Updated my BOM post above. Better?

Yep, you’re right. I was mistakenly thinking about a Bowden setup.

Was expecting microswitches for Z Posts, but then I saw in Repeat V2 Topic, you mentioned “No z endstops is easy and works great.”. So, 2 is what I’ll get if I don’t have some already.

Looks great. Am all for use offcuts, planning to pickup some from my local acrylic/poly supplier.

You are the best! 3 spaces or bed springs, 4 if you are using one of those beds. Probably need to add a bltouch or other probe to the list. This is almost ready to cut and paste!

As I was making coffee this morning, it occurred to me that I could make a rudimentary calc by basing everything off of my 200^3 build and just making things like extrusions, belt, some screws (base measurement plus X amount per 25mm added).

I think I will try to dump some pictures on the page now with some warnings.

2 Likes

@vicious1 does extrusion dimensions exported from the model using script MP3DP v4 - Aza's build - #7 by azab2c help?

I added some resizing instructions. Only took a little over 2 hours. MP3DP v4 - V1 Engineering Documentation

3 Likes

Love the chopped off hand in the pics. Also, the face hiding behind the printer. :smiley:

Question: Why isn’t this symmetrical? The light blue part for the four mounting holes and the print bed itself are not centered in the middle.

2 Likes