LowRider 3 CNC - control box case for BTT SKR Pro 1.2 board and a BTT TFT35 E3 touchscreen (v1.2)

Well, I was able to edit the “OP” on both the remixes and add the note, but apparently the OP on the original listing is too old now and cannot be edited, so all I could do was add a reply at the end of the thread.

Ended up wiring 2 fans in parallel, soldered wire ends together, before shoving into just Fan0 terminals. Noctua NF-A4x10 fans draw 50ma each. I’m assuming those pins can handle 100ma… Tried and failed to search for info on maximum current draw allowed. Couldn’t see in diagram/manual/specs in SKR Pro repo. Even asked the BTT issue abyss… SKR Pro V1.1 Question about two Fans · Issue #122 · bigtreetech/BIGTREETECH-SKR-PRO-V1.1 · GitHub

Sorry for delay. I located a photo. It seems I did not plug into any of the fan ports on the board, but rather it seems I plugged both the fans into the “Power 12v/24v” slot on the power strip at the edge of the board. I’m thinking that based on both vague memory and the photo, when compared to this image / pinout diagram type illustration:

Notice in the photo below, that nothing at all is plugged into any of the green “CNC-Fan” ports:

This essentially means when my unit is on, the fans are on. I’m OK with that.

Hi Doug
I just finished printing the parts of this box, thanks for the design!

When I took the TFT Holder v1.2 of the printer I noticed that I overlooked a detail; there´s an opening for the SD card but I never use this one, I always use the USB connector.
Do you have, by any chance, the same design but with USB port open? Not sure if this would work because it´s located directly next to the SD card so maybe a support is needed?

1 Like

@Olivier
I will check.

1 Like

Take your time:) It will be some weeks before I will try to put the LR together so I am not in a hurry:)

Are you using E3 version of the TFT? Or the non-E3 version?

Here’s a non-E3 version of the TFT holder, and it has openings for both SD card and USB:

https://www.printables.com/model/235351-lowrider-3-cnc-control-box-case-for-btt-skr-pro-12

@Olivier

OK, good news. I have now added USB port opening in the E3 version of the TFT holder 1.2.

https://www.printables.com/model/229885-lowrider-3-cnc-control-box-case-for-btt-skr-pro-12

If you print the new one, please let me know if the placement of the new opening is proper.

Also, please consider posting your “make” on Printables. :slight_smile:

Hi Doug, I am sorry for the delay.
I am using the E3 version.

Thanks for the redesign, I’ll give it a go soon and will report back. Unfortunately I do not have a Printables account. I rarely use the 3D printer :slight_smile: But will give an update!

1 Like

Doug, thanks so much for the time you’ve put into this! I went to print it and had the unfortunate realization that it is too tall for my Prusa Mini. Would it be possible to have a no-fan version? It needs to be no taller than 180mm to work, and it appears that losing the fans would give it enough room.

1 Like

@mikekellyio

There is actually 35mm of clearance inside the case to play with. There’s 26.1 mm between the fans and the SKR board, and 8.9 mm of clearance between the far edge of the SKR board and the end of the case (on the side away from the fans). I think I could get your shorter design without getting rid of the fans, and if it turned out to be too tight, you could simply leave out the fans but still have the holes. See screen shots for clearances I mean.

@mikekellyio

Here is a screen shot of a shortened version of the base. Between the fans and the SKR board, instead of 26.1 mm, there is 13.5 mm, and in between the end of the SKR and end of the case, instead of 8.9 mm of clearance, there is 4 mm of clearance. This gets total length to 180mm. Think this will work?

That’s precisely the max build height, so sounds like it! I can throw it in the slicer to make sure that doesn’t complain first, then can attempt a print. Out of curiosity, what size screws are you using for it?

I think the screw sizes are explained in the v1.2 listing, or maybe the parent of that remix. Check the description here: Printables

OK, I have published the new remix with the shorter base and lid!
https://www.printables.com/model/270280-lowrider-3-cnc-control-box-case-for-btt-skr-pro-12

If you are minded to send me a tip (totally optional):
My PayPal tip jar: https://paypal.me/dougjoseph

Please report back if it works, and consider posting the “make” on Printables.

LowRider 3 CNC - control box case for BTT SKR Pro 1.2 board and a BTT TFT35 E3 touchscreen (v1.3.4) SHORTER VERSION (180mm) FOR SHORTER PRINTERS

2 Likes

I do not see the 1/4" strut version, did it not get remixed into shorter or just forget to zip it into the package?

Sometimes when someone comes to me, asking for a special remix to fit their case/scenario, and I comply and remix for them, I may fail to remix every single aspect. In this case (of the version for shorter printers), I did not do two bases. For what it’s worth, the one I show as “1/8 inch” has the same gap on the hanger as Ryan’s original, which was supposed to support either 1/8" or 1/4" — I personally had a challenge trying to get it slid onto 1/4" but it’s supposed to be doable. The remixes where I did two bases, had the one listed for 1/4" having a gap quite a bit wider than 1/4". If you are needing both the “one for shorter printers” and having it with a wider gap, I can try to get to that, but I’m very swamped at the moment so I would likely need a reminder after a few days!

No worries, just making sure I wasn’t overlooking something. I appreciate all you’ve done.

1 Like