Gotta have them all!

Well I am excited haha
There was some things I struggled with but they are pretty newbie things.
Just remember
$X or nothing will move. And feed rates need to be set.
And it needs caps lock.
And needs switches to use a go home command. That was frustrating for me like you know where you started just go back.
After writing this I think I could have tried just getting it to go to 0,0 lol daargh

Just feels like they made and assembled those way too fast. I don’t even get the SKR’s that fast and they have them on hand…

2 Likes

Haha ohh I see the board looked pretty well made to me.
That 6 pack seems neat too.

That was my experience with JLPCB, too. It helps if you aren’t fussy about colour, (If you wanted red solder mask and black text for V1 colours, it would take longer) but stuff that they have on-hand gets done super quick. I ordered my boards partially populated, because I wasn’t sure if I was going to solder wires, or put a pin header on. (I did some each way.)

I’m kind of excited to see them show up in the shop.

1 Like

Their machines work on much larger pcb sheets. There are customers that want stuff expedited and they pay for it. Our stuff gets fitted in around those projects when they have room. If there aren’t a lot of boards getting done, our stuff gets done right away.

1 Like

That makes sense, a smaller order of small boards filling some random spots on a larger couple sheets.

Okay, I am excited again.

1 Like

Boards got here before the connectors!?

5 Likes

Listing in the shop?

No connectors yet, I am not sure why they were not in the same box.

OMG the connectors got delivered 4 days ago, to my old address. How did that even happen? Half the order came to the right place and the other half went to a 4-5 year old address.

I ordered more…grrrrrr, Magically the correct address is already in there. Go figure.

3 Likes

How do we get on the list for your version @vicious1 ?

I will make a post here when they are ready. Plugs are in LA right now so I hope they get here by the end of the week.

1 Like

Interested in building a Zen table. Should I wait for these boards or find an alternative. Not in a hurry, just wondering if these will be available soon.

I got on the email list and was able to get one. Took 2 tries because I waited too long for the first one. But I think he puts some up every month or less

I have them and can put them up if you are ready. The new firmware does not seem to let us home like we used to.

To get around that I just cut and filed my endstop flags, not a huge deal.

The real fix is get the firmware adjusted (big maybe), or make adjustable endstop flags (I need a bit more time to get to this).

1 Like

Do you know what the cost will be?

Should be a little less than the tindie listing because I am not using genuine ESP32’s.

I would grab one if you put them up

I added them to the Zen section.

2 Likes

Thanks for putting them up Ryan. Not to hijack, but any estimate on the endstops/hardware kits being back in stock? I’m buying up parts for my table, would love to grab most from you but want to make sure parts incoming aren’t on indefinite hold.