Custom Bart Dring FluidNC controller

I did actually talk to him about that board, I believe. There was something missing and there was no way for him to add it. I will need to take a closer look at what it was. There is another board as well.

I am doing what I can on pricing, and I do ship internationally. In terms of adding it to a kit it will be substantially less expensive than a SKR Bundle but for a long while we will consider this to be “Advanced”.

2 Likes

Oh I think that one still needs the pots to be manually adjusted, no UART. That is a deal breaker for me.

1 Like

Maybe that changed as I can see UART is supported.

But my intention is not to say x is better than y, just stating the options:)

2 Likes

Oh, that is awesome!

1 Like

For this first batch revision… Already considered keeping drivers separate to lower risk to design issues, supply issue, assembly yield, post sale support? Seems like TMC2209 driver boards can be bought in bulk cheaper than cost of LCSC’s chip pricing?

What V1E machines will these be for? Just ZenXY, or LR, MPCNC, MP3DP and maybe others too?

Wouldn’t want to pay for 5x embedded TMC2209s for a ZenXY build. Also wouldn’t want to have to replace entire board if a driver dies. I’m not comfortable to SMD reflow work, but am ok with swapping out typical TMC2209 daughter boards. Even have some left over from other projects that can be scavenged.

Curious to see how a single ESP32’s compute manages to keep up with, and balance uninterrupted execution of GRBL, while serving requests via the ESP3D based WebUI/Wifi stack/code.

1 Like

The drivers will be plug in, SPI, so 2130’s woudl be the go to.

The CNC’s

The zen boards have two built in 2209’s. I just posted a picture of the batch that arrived this morning. Gotta have them all! - #47 by vicious1

The only time I had seen an issue was when the GUI refresh was set too often. I am curious, though. The Zen will stutter, but that was also not FluidNC I think my table is still GRBL32.

1 Like

yes it is, I nearly bought it when someone started talking about RepRap and got sidetracked :upside_down_face: now I am not so sure anymore if it is worth to swap the board in my current situation.

I´ve used ESP32 often in the past for various projects including running webservers as realtime tracking pages (for my custom pool monitor for example). It does multitasking very well due the multiple cores.

But performance depends on the code obviously.

1 Like

Bart Says IDEX should already work with an M6 command @jamiek, all the current boards should already be good to go.

FluidNC for the win.

Goshhhhh now i have to disassemble fast one of the lowriders to start testing this… And build the lr3. I guess this would probably work with a lr2 but i want to try the new thing. Its going to be hard an idex full sheeter

1 Like

Ask him to spread the code

Ok we’ll have to see “already work” means exactly, but at least this is a good sign that has potential:

3 Likes

The hero we need :pray:

Yea i was thinking about the skr :octopus: for a while because I didn’t want to loose the screen (and can reuse the skr for a 3d printer ) @vicious1 a full sheet idex gotta have some love frome v1

1 Like

Guess what…we need a name.

6 pack mini?

The board so far is roughly 80x100mm

4 Likes

Using FluidNC, Based on GRBL, v1 engineering, 6 pack controller.

4 Likes

I like it!

The Party Ball!
party_ball

1 Like

To make sure nobody gets confused, call it SKR 1.5.

1 Like

SKR 4 pro 1.4 EZ

I made a spur of the moment decision.

Jackpot CNC Controller. Try to cram these baby’s on there somewhere.

4 Likes

V1 MK1 controller

1 Like