Z axis moves to much

I got everything from V1 Engineering.

I have the ramps 1.4.

It has your latest firmware from your site.

I am using Windows 10

I set up everything according to your manual

It runs smooth.

The X and Y axis move correctly. But the Z axis move to much and moves faster then X and Y.

I have a lead screw.

This was a package buy from V!,

I dont see how to make changes to the Z axis

I looked at the drivers. All 3 jumpers are installed for X,Y and Z

I am new to CNC user.

You had me reflash the main board because of a previos problem.

I thought I read something in another post. This person was told to install something different to fix the Z.

I am not using end stops

Sounds like you have a T8 leadscrew and must have flashed the 5/16 leadscrew firmware. Just flash the correct one.

1 Like

I dont know how I did it but it says i have U8g2 and U8glib installed.

How do I uninstall this and load only U8glib?

It doesn’t work that way. You can have all the arduino library’s installed and it only loads what it needs.

Do you have any error messages or anything that can help? Correct com port? Buad rate? Did you change the cable? Plug it into a different port?

What have you tried and what is happening, how do you know repetier is not connecting? You are not giving any information to guide me.

1 Like

I installed driver U8glib like the instruction say.

But shows U8g2 is also installed.

Could this be causing the Z axis to move wrong?

The adrino software is saying what is installed

No error messages.

No

Screenshot?

Do you have any error messages or anything that can help? Correct com port? Baud rate? Did you change the cable? Plug it into a different port?

What have you tried and what is happening, how do you know repetier is not connecting?

1 Like

it shows it connected and installed the drivers.

When I use the LCD screen. X and Y move corrrecty.

Z moves up and down to much.

Correct com port

Original cable.

Set your z axis to zero by hand. Make a mark. Tell it to move 100mm. Make another mark. Measure the distance between your marks and tell us what it is

1 Like

Sounds like you have a T8 leadscrew and must have flashed the 5/16 leadscrew firmware. Just flash the correct one.

Try a different one, they can go bad.

What happens when you try to connect. How do you know? Screens shots would really just solve the problem here. What you are saying vs what is actually happening I don’t think are the same. I am trying to ask very specific questions to sort it out.

When you try and connect with repetier, what happens?

Exactly what baud rate are you using?

1 Like

Otto,

I set Z to zero

I moved it up 10mm which by my calipers is 2.256 inches or 57. 3 mm

I cant tell it to go 100mm like you asked. Z axis would climb out of itself.

We need pictures!!!

1 Like

Ryan

It connect just fine using .

I not using the software to make it move right know. just using the LCD screen.

If I run a program it, it works but the Z axis moves to much.

Buad rate is 9600

1 Like

Ryan

Device manager said baud rate is 9600.

Repeiter which i havent used yet says the buad rate is set to 25000

Barry I sent a picture of the Repeater software.

what else can I do to help.

I appreciate the help from everyone

I moved it up 10mm which by my calipers is 2.256 inches or 57. 3 mm

Sooo for calculating steps for a 3d printer, we would take 10 and divide it by actual movement. So 10/57.3 would be .0174.

Go into your Marlin firmware and ctrl+f tie type in “steps” it should bring you to a line that says (if my memory serves) 200 200 800 200.

Change the 800 to 174 re upload to ramps and then tell your machine to move 10mm again and tell us how far it moved.

1 Like

Im sorry, Which file am I looking for. there are alot of files in this folder.

Is it one of the config files?

And do I make the change with note pad and save it.

Otto

Is this what you want me to change

Im sorry, Which file am I looking for. there are alot of files in this folder

Sorry, fire up your Arduino ide and it should automagically open the firmware that you used. Click the “configuration.h” tab, then ctrl+f “steps”

Yep, that’s the threaded rod firmware, if we had a picture of your z assembly, we could confirm which firmware you need that already has all the edits you need baked in.

Do NOT edit the firmware with notepad! Windows is stupid about these things and adds extra crap into the config.

1 Like