YouTube subscriber growth went "exponential" when I started posting V1E "LR3" vids

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Well, just another quick update:

In order to meet the monetization threshold for my YouTube channel, I currently only need 31 more subscribers and only 119 more watch hours.

I’m currently at 96.9% on subscribers and 97.0% on watch hours:

I’m grateful for the wonderful support of this community. So encouraging!

1 Like

Only 30 now @DougJoseph. :+1:t2:

@Britt , Thanks!! :smiley:

1 Like

I bit the bullet and paid for a Premium Subscription, so now I can just fast forward to the two minutes of goodness that I’m looking for, wihtout having to countdown through two minutes of ads everytime I forward or reverse!

Ever heard about u block origins? I’ve never seen an ad on YouTube ever, without paying a single dime.

For Safari there is a brilliant app called Wipr.

2 Likes

If it was just blocking ads I’d persevere. The overall delivery is just so much faster and smoother than using ad blocks. I get why it’s not for everyone, but it works for me! :wink:

2 Likes

I pay for YT premium too. It includes YT music (I don’t use spotify or pandora anymore) and it is a family bundle, so my wife and kids also get the benefit. But it is the most expensive subscription I have.

As blockers (especially ublock origin) are awesome. And I have an Ad Guard DNS server. But I also watch a lot of YT on the google hub and the TV (my kids do too) and this works better.

2 Likes

Another quick update: My watch hours are currently at 3,998 out of 4000 needed. That’s 99.95%. I currently have 988 subscribers out of 1,000 needed, or 98.8%. So I need only 12 more subscribers and only two more watch hours. :smiley:

Again, I’m so grateful for the wonderful support of this community. Encouraging!

2 Likes

Lots of cool stuff on your channel. Only 11 more subscribers needed now.

1 Like

there now you only need 11 more subscribers :slight_smile:

1 Like

Maybe i just opened 3 videos in three tabs and let them run through… maybe…

Thanks!

Thanks!

Thanks!

Y’all are so encouraging! :smiley:

3 Likes

Watched a couple of your longer back catalog videos today so I’m doing my part :grin:

1 Like

@Dreyfus So kind. Thanks for being awesome…

‘What do you want to be when you grow up?’ Asked the mole
‘Kind.’ Said the boy

3 Likes

So, just thought I’d check before heading to bed, and the subscriber count is sitting squarely on 1,000. The watch hours tend to update only after a delay, perhaps at change of day maybe. Anyhow the watch hours only need 2 more, and I think those are already waiting to be awarded whenever the stat updates. Thanks, everyone. :smiley:

4 Likes

The suspense is terrible…

2 Likes

The watch hours refreshed at midnight tonight, and it’s official: my channel is now monetized. Thank you, everyone. :smiley:

3 Likes

Congratulations you’re now a professional paid content creator and influencer.

You’ll be selling bottles of bathwater, niche energy drinks and dubious self help actualisation seminar tickets before you know it.

Joking aside, well done.