YouTube subscriber growth went "exponential" when I started posting V1E "LR3" vids

Posting videos about the LowRider 3 CNC (and related content) has brought a boon to my YouTube channel’s growth. This graphic shows my subscriber counts over the lifetime of my YT channel.

Notice the “hockey stick” style shift in numbers of subscribers. The date of that change was May 29, 2022.

That corresponds practically to the day of when I started posting about LowRider 3 build info, etc. Here are the first LR3 videos I published, with dates:

May 28, 2022
LowRider3 progress - both Z Assemblies working!

May 29, 2022
LowRider 3 MPCNC - Beam Assembly (X-Gantry Structure) - first phase - tips

Now, my channel is still a long way from setting the world on fire, and with only 1,809 views and 6,729 views, respectively, those two videos are not setting the world on fire either, but clearly, trend wise, they were the start of a marked difference. Bottom line: My YT subscriber growth went exponential when I started posting V1E LR3 vids. I did not expect it, but I’m sorta glad for it.

My YT channel is: https://www.youtube.com/@design8studio

7 Likes

Keep that trend and you will get monetized in no time.

1 Like

Thank you. Your projects continue to bless and help people in many ways.

In progress toward monetization, I’m currently at 58.2% on subscriptions and 48.4% on hours viewed.

2 Likes

It is very good to hear there is a symbiosis there. Your videos are good production quality. I am sure you will get there in no time.

Holy cow though. YT requires 10M short views before you can monetize (unless you get 4,000 hours).

2 Likes

Yes, and that is in only the past 90 days, not past year like the 4000 watch hours! The whole dynamic with shorts is just crazy.

1 Like

First post on the forum - figured I’d chime in and say Doug’s videos have provided a nice avenue into the MPCNC and Lowrider. I was aware of the designs through the course of researching a DIY CNC, with an eye towards a plasma table, Doug’s videos lined up nicely (particularly the floating Z and THC integrations), which lead me to the forums which I’ve been reading voraciously - and then I picked up a 2nd hand, 95% complete Lowrider I’m now making my own.

So, thanks Doug! And thanks to the V1E team/designers, and knowledgeable forum members! I’m sure I’ll be asking a lot of questions, and will do my best to contribute back to the greater good once I start moving steppers and making chips/sparks.

Side note: Doug - your Patreon seems in an odd state, was hoping to back you for a bit, let me know when it’s back to accepting backers!

6 Likes

I’m wondering how hard it is to hit that. I posted a little BS short of the mill cutting the edge of a piece of steel and had 1300 views in 2 days. And I only have 200 subscribers to my channel. If I did a short a day, I’m thinking 10M views wouldn’t be too hard to hit.

As a user, I hate the shorts. None of the suggested ones are from the yters I watch. And if I spend a few minutes swiping through them, my watch history gets destroyed.

That is to say, you are very much at the mercy of the algorithm. If YT suggests them to people, then they will get a bazillion views. I don’t think subs have much to do with the number of views. But if you posted a short a day that each did a decent job of getting clicked and people watched them to the end, then yeah, you would probably explode. 10M in 90d is a lot though.

1 Like

Hahah I was watching your videos last night as I picked away at dinner.
Thanks for the videos

1 Like

Your videos got me started again with my looong sleeping LR2 build now becoming LR3 build. Will subscribe and probably let the videos roll to chime in on the 4000 watch hours.

Followed your plasma build. Cool one :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks, however, I’ve made an administrative decision to delete my Patreon account. Perhaps instead you could “buy me a cookie” by sending me something via either my ko-fi.com account or my paypal account. Below is how I have the description on most of my videos (recently edited to remove references to Patreon):

If you want to support the channel, you can buy me a coffee:

Thank you very much!!

Or…

My PayPal tip jar: PayPal.Me

1 Like

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Roger that Doug! Will do! Thanks again :+1:t2:

1 Like

Here is a quick update, to compare with where I was back in mid-to-late Feb of this year (my subscriber counts over the lifetime of my YT channel):

Also, a couple of days ago, on July 11, I was permitted by YouTube to apply for the Partner Program, and was accepted same day.

Finally, this video has some neat tips for expanding a channel’s reach and views:

7 Likes

I’m sitting at 228 subscribers, but I rarely post. Every time I think of creating a new video, I get out to the shop and neglect taking any footage. I keep telling myself ‘on the next project’ I’ll create a video… then I don’t.

1 Like

Congratulations on the subscriber growth Doug! I appreciate your content and V1E forum and mod contributions.

Personally, have recorded a bunch of stuff, but neglected to edit and publish. Mostly published unlisted content, am reluctant to share stuff that wastes people’s time. Am planning to try harder…

3 Likes

Is this like some kind of hash tag or you just mention it in the name or caption lol.
I am not on the social media stuff. I always try and make sure to explain that it’s not my design and where to go but should I be tagging or something ?
I don’t even think I have a follower lol
I guess I have 14 haha

Thanks! Lately I’ve had a challenge to make time for editing, but plan to get some more done.

Travis, you have a YouTube account / channel where you’ve posted some video? Please link if so…

Regarding the question about “hash tag” — where appropriate I reference “LowRider V3 DIY CNC” in my video titles and in the video thumbnails.

2 Likes

Thanks again for the tips you are most helpful.

I have a account and used it so I can share videos in here.

2 Likes

Nice build! They’re even cooler IRL. Got sign off to make a ZenXY when my wife saw Ryan’s at Open Sauce

4 Likes