What would you want to see in a new lowrider build?

No idea till I dream something up but thanks!

1 Like

Is today asap?? Pics??

3 Likes

Do what now?

2 Likes

I was so excited, printing parts all day. Finished packing orders, start looking at the parts and realized I am missing the Z and Y endstops, X looks good though.

1 Like

Pretty sure the Y is good now, and I have an idea for the Z. I will mess with it for a bit more this evening.

3 Likes

optical end stops? :grin:

No, I am still worried about dust messing with them, they are pretty chunky, and they do need an extra wire. They would make the Z easier, though.

Assuming same idea as the current DualLR and home to the top of travel?

I think that optical stops would be OK so long as they’re pointing down. I don’t mind giving them a squirt of air as part of the “pre-flight” I do that with the Primo anyway, as I’ve just once had a chip in behind the arm of a stop. (It’s a good idea to look at them anyways, as I’ve also had one of the lever arms fall out on a printer.)

1 Like

It’s been my experience that optical sensors on machines that produce fine chips/dust are a headache. Typically replace them with proximity sensors and the problem goes away.

1 Like

I would probably enjoy the whole beta process, but I am not sure how much value there would be in comparing my current Lowrider to a beta version. Mine is a full sheet (10’ x 5’6") and I don’t have enough room in my shop to build a 2nd machine that size. Also, my machine is far from stock.

My original table was 2x4 construction and beginning to warp twist. I just finished replacing it with torsion box table using plywood. Just need to reconnect the motors and limit switches and add an MDF spoil board I am back in business.
I might ask my new neighbor if he wants to help me beta test a smaller (1/2 sheet or less) machine since he use to have a stock Lowrider and he is good at dialing it in

3 Likes

Yeah at the top. I do like the opticals but They aren’t in the cards this time. I would need to get new customs wires and work with Ulimachine on anew Rambo bundles and switch the Primo as well. But maybe. I like the indicator lights and the ease of use.

I had not even thought of that. All the big machines use them ($$$$?). I need to dig into that.

1 Like

Prox sensors are not that expensive nowadays. Check out automation direct for some ideas

Prox sensors are not that expensive nowadays. Check out automation direct for some ideas

1 Like

Shoot they still need 3 wires and are ~$7/ea vs ~$1. They will have to wait.

2 Likes

Could do a two wire reed switch with magnetic target. Also a non- contact sensor. Might be cheaper option

OHHHH, I saw this pic and thought maybe, just maybe Ryan was letting the cat outta the bag, doggone it!

1 Like

I have a feeling that what Ryan has in mind will be better

Cat
 Check.
Bag
 Check.
Schrödinger’s atomic decay test with poison gas cannister
 Nope.

I think the big reveal will follow the beta test, and any subsequent revisions, retesting and iterate until it’s a marked improvement on the LR2.

3 Likes

Watcha got in mind?

How about 220?
250 if I can print it vertically (|) :slight_smile:

1 Like