What would you want to see in a new lowrider build?

Currently, it would need a bed 252x200mm. I could shave a few mm if it was closer but, flat parts for this build until I get a larger print bed. Interested to see how printed parts would work, I can’t see any reason they would not.

Well, people have done with printed parts for the Y plates on an LR2, and it seems fine…

I suppose that I could try a 3D printed version and see… It would take much longer to print than to mill though.

2 Likes

that is one major reason I wanted the cnc. Durability and time!

1 Like

This is what I get for accidentally “unfollowing” threads!

Sign me up as a beta tester if you still have room – only thing I need is the rails (have them added to my Amazon cart and ready to order).

Although I have a 4x4 table already built, I’ve got my eyes on building a plasma…

2 Likes

You just got a shop bot, how many CNC’s are you shooting for?

There’s a limit? :slight_smile:

In all seriousness, if the “beta crew roster” is full, no worries. Once the LR3 comes out though, i’d be eyeing a plasma table build.

2 Likes

Absolutely not. Duh :rofl:

Okay, last one.

3 Likes

These were my first Wiggles (even got to see them live!)…

For the record, our kids were born in the early-mid 'aughts…

1 Like

I look forward to seeing this, might switch to a LR for the next build.
Any pictures/mockups of what you’ve made? (or did I miss them in the thread?)

Hey Chad,

Ryan has not release any Pictures yet.
But I can tell you that it will be a great machine!!

Great color scheme for an MPCNC.

Leonardo, Michelangelo, Donatello, and Raphael.

1 Like

I have to say, I still listen to this song frequently. My kids don’t like it as much as I do. Wiggles maybe did it better than Tame Impala.

Award winning cover too!!
:+1:t2::+1:t2:

So I was just looking through instagram, (kinda hoping for peeks into the new build) but looking over the lowrider, may I ask why the lowrider looks like everyone uses a larger router than the dw660? The 660 works well, and is lightweight, so it seems like it would be a great fit.

More power :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The dw660 is fixed speed and a tad on the noisy side.

The Dewalt DWP611 is variable speed, but there was a time where it was out of stock and also expensive outside of the US, so the Makita RT0701C was commonly used.

So this is kinda something I have been thinking about, also. this build is interesting to me

My ideas were different then theirs but same objective. I was going to run the bars parallel horizontal. Then have the 660 lift up. With the side bars being stationary. (Hard to put into words.)

The 611 is easier to mount to a flat base. The 660 would need extra parts to hold it up and to make it rigid.

1 Like

Here’s my thoughts on what I’d do differently that that photo: I would move the router in between the gantry rails rather that cantilevered off the side. No need for ss pipes for y rails or flipping the y plates upside down, just build normal lowrider rails above the work surface and ride on skate wheels as designed.

1 Like