Time to see how bad I can mess this up

so that picture of the machine on my concrete hearth has me wondering. If I had a mandrel that would support the disk (and I do) could I get my LR3 to flatten/polish concrete countertops??? I’m thinking yes. Feeds would be microscopic, and speeds would be slow. I’d need water supplied but really, a hose from drip irrigation would be sufficient for that job.

The fireplace project is all but wrapped up, and the kitchen is coming very soon. I need my LR3 to cut my cabinets while I install them. Then it can flatten my cedar slabs for the island countertop and exposed shelves. And while I’m messing with the cedar, it can then be getting my concrete countertops ready for install on the other sections. I like this thought process. Now I just need to get the thing working. OHHHHH One piece doors with no glue ups or floating insets.

2 Likes

Anyone know if an old android phone can be used for a touch screen? I have this old Galaxy 7 or 8 sitting here. I was thinking about doing an Octo4a build with it a while back, but the sonic pad makes that almost silly.

The BTT boards can have wifi with the ESP01S modules. It works quite nicely, so connect your phone to the ESP wifi, set the browser start page to 192.168.0.1, and Bob’s yer uncle.

Same works with a Jackpot, or in my case a Duet Wifi. (I have the Duet on the home network though for uploading files from my CAM machines.

1 Like

Absolutely. Each of my machines can be controlled locally, but from my main desktop would be preferable. My workhorse printer is on the wifi. The lr3 will be. Then i just need to get the other printers onto the wifi and I’ll be good to go. Lay in bed getting fat while my robots take over the world.

1 Like

I connect the ESP01S module to my home wifi, too. Since it’s a separate processor, it doesn’t burden the SKR at all. The ESP8266 on-board runs the web interface.

The result is seamless, you connect to the web UI, and it talks to the printer.

The Jackpot has displayed issues when connected to a larger network, but I haven’t experienced it directly. I just got my Jackpot board and haven’t installed it.yet.

So I cracked my Core while moving some concrete stuffs around my shop. Which resulted in my being less than happy and needing a break.

Did the mercury1.1 swap on my printer that now prints over 30 cubes a second easily. I guess now I should print off a new core. Here is a video to my printer build. I think I’ll be printing the core is ASA like @Jonathjon because Florida heat and such.

The fire place project is done, the painting of the stairs and walls and such that needed to be done before the kitchen is finished as well. That means I can clear concrete, tile, and stone tools out of my way and actually figure out the table for my LR3.

3 Likes

What kind of bed is that? It reminds of MDF with black paint overspray, but I’m sure that’s not it, lol.

printer bed? PEI. But I dont think I fully understand the question.

Ok, you got it, PEI was what I was looking for but articulating badly.

Having done a bunch of clean up in my shop in preparation for the LR3 and the upcoming kitchen remodel, I’m questioning my life decisions.

X frame is cut for 49" of work space, and it is pretty clear that I need to shift directions. My table saw assembly bench is just not going to be the right way to go about this. I use that bench for FAR too many different tasks. If I wanted to use it for my LR3 I would need to shrink the X length and rotate it 90deg so that I don’t lose the dog holes, woodworking vise, table saw, and cross cut slide. That makes my machine only about 36" of useable space.

Previously I mentioned the idea of using an existing bench I have that is 96long and 36 deep. I may have to revisit this idea. Leaving my X at 49" useable, and making my Y whatever i can squeeze means I’ll be able to work with a 2x4 foot 1/4 sheet of ply. I suspect MOST projects that will be more than enough. Anything requiring more, I’ll just have @Jonathjon cut and bring to me. LOL No, I’d need to build a dedicated LR table at that point.

Building and designing that table could be done after I have a working LR3. My goal would be something along the lines of a torsion box that can sit on saw horses when in use and then be stored out of the way the rest of the time. I’d likely have to utilize ceiling space for storage, but that’s what pulleys are for. So now, I would need make my LR3 fully contained which was not in my plans before. I was hoping to have most of the interface stuff in one spot while the machine moved around doing its thing. Not ideal, but not terrible either.

I wish I could talk to me a year from now and see what he thought of the design and what I should do differently.

had a huge storm come through this weekend and lightning hit the tree in my front yard. Took out the well pump, my router, my modem, fried the cable lines… and I’m not even sure what else. Were still turning things back on just to find the next thing in the line was effected too.

Bummer… Hope the damage isn’t too severe. Lightning has an amazing ability to blow things up.

im keeping a running total in my head

660 well pump
200ish plumbing supplies
700 router
modem (covered as part of the internet bill)
wall sconce, 50-100ish

oh and the tree that got hit and caught fire that should probably get cut down now before a hurricane or something knocks it over in a less “controlled” way

Posted an update video of my printer that i took before the lightning strike took out my internet.

1 Like

add another to the list boys aand girls… AC Condenser and air exchange fan. I’ve been quotes 14k for the new system, but I am definitely going to look around some more.

And I have replaced two well pumps for neighbors.

OUCH! Just had to replace my complete system last month. I know you are close but cant remember how close to Pensacola. If close enough Ill send you the number for the guy that did mine. Did a great job!

im way south… like 8 hours. Everything is up running now from the storm. Took way too long. But the back deck is taken down and about to get the new one started. Wait, I didnt mention that. Large branch fell down and hit the deck. It was on its last legs anyway, so the branch just made it no longer safe and pushed the redo up a bunch.

1 Like