The 'Black and Blue' LR3 build

My power supply is a 2amp dedicated to the laser. It’s the one it came with. Neje told me max current during cutting should be 1.3amps. I did try a 5 amp, with no change

The issue is that it is that the capabilities are embellished

But I haven’t worked with it since doing a 8 hour engrave on Dec 23rd. Haven’t had time- working on my second hobby at the moment

That’s not allowed here! :angry:

1 Like

Lol

If they didn’t need fed, I wouldn’t be so distracted

Would you do my a favour and measure the distance from the stop blocks to the workspace on both sides? The technical drawings don’t give all the required length to calculate it (or I am too stupid). :smiley:

Sure. Let me get kids to school and I’ll get it for you. I’ll set X0 and measure from the top of the tool to the stopblock. That’ll give you maximum workplace sizing

1 Like

I did it before school run

150mm left side - stopblock to X0
150mm right side stopblock to xMax

My spoil board is a little bigger as you can see

3 Likes

Thanks a lot, that helps a bunch. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

No problem

It is not included in the drawings because it is not a fixed point.

Your X endstop will dictate that.

1 Like

Ah, makes sense. Helps anyway. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey @Tokoloshe , importing the existing drawing into Fusion 360 calibrating for size help me answer some questions. Shared details here. Hope that helps!

1 Like

Interesting. I use it on my LR2 and X is left/right arrow. I’m using keyboard control mode in cnc.js, that’s probably the difference.

1 Like

Yeah, this is purely because of the way the ESP3D software award coded to do the translation.

As far as I know, the guy writing the ESP3D software has been looped in and has actually changed it.

And @azab2c actually did an awesome workaround that lets you/me remap any of the keys we want, which is cool

2 Likes

This is a super interesting thread. Thanks for sharing.

What are you using for software to generate the gcode for router and laser? Carveco?

3 Likes

Cool. BTW I just found your thread as I contemplate converting my LR2 to a 3. Great reading :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks, I appreciate that!

Yes, correct.

I just couldn’t get a hang of Estlcam, plus I found a 3 month free trial for carveco and it’s very intuitive. So now I’m paying monthly, and all I need to do is make sure I sell 1 board a month to cover it.

And Lightburn for laser stuff. 2 week free trial, then an extra week, and a $60 one-off payment. It’s already paid for itself in how much extra personalization that you can do.

1 Like

Thanks, I appreciate that.

1 Like

So, feb 13, I got Covid. Parents in law brought it in. Been a slog

I still have a couple residual issues that I’m working through, but I’ve been using down time to get ducks in a row. Business plan, YT channel plan etc

Anyway- I’m back. Hopefully doing an LR3 project on Friday- just a few carved boxes. They seem popular.

5 Likes

Glad you are back, since your tiny bee was the last nudge I needed towards the LowRider. I made some inlays and am really happy how they turned out. They are not as tiny as your bee, but the bee isn’t an inlay. :yum:

4 Likes