Texas Primo (Upgrading a part Burly/part 525)

There she sits. All put back together. Just need to drop a spoil board on it and make some dust.

Cable management took a couple of tries. I had things too tight and the Y axis was sticking.

8 Likes

Get. It. Dirty. :+1:

Looks great.

My next shop WILL have ac.

1 Like

It aint hot till 110 or 100 and 70% humiditythen you in trouble

1 Like

Started cleaning up from the build and a little concerned I didn’t open this bag at all…

1 Like

I’m a wimp… This is on the opposite wall from the AC. I have the AC set at 85F

I love my AC.

2 Likes

IIRC, those are M2.5 and they are for the endstops.

I don’t mind cold. I don’t mind precipitation. I don’t mind heat. I can’t stand wind and I can’t stand humidity. I’ve been acclimated by Colorado, I guess.

1 Like

End stop screws.

2 Likes

Thanks for the links!

Ah. I’m not using endstop switches. I did use the end stops to keep the rails consistent, but I mounted them upside down so they hit the face of the trucks.

Couple of things I’ve learned…

The screws mounting the steppers to the trucks are a pain to get to while mounted to the rail.

If you plan on removing the steppers in the future, make sure you can get a screwdriver to them between your table top and then screw heads.

Tightening the belts require a short screwdriver if you have your machine mounted in an enclosure. I have a right angle screwdriver I used.

3 Likes

I like the colour scheme.
And I see you also have no space to make it a walk-around machine.

Probably Ryan’s safety margin.

Don’t let the photo fool you. I have a 1300 Sq ft shop and the machine is on wheels. 9 screws will remove the 3 sides for full access. :slight_smile:

1 Like

She’s getting dirty.

Facing with 1" end mill. 1mm DOC (even deeper on high spots). 200mm/min. Max steppover, 10.16mm. 2d adaptive in f360

My final cut size with 1/8" end mill is 23.25"x23". Not sure where I lost my inch, but think it’s in me trying to get it to fit in existing enclosure. I’m ok with that.

Gratuitous video. (turn your volume down, it’s raw)

2 Likes

Not sure if this was designed this way, but these little holes on the trucks are great for wire management.

4 Likes

Blow out your stepper bearings and cover them with tape. The bearings will stay cleaner.
Nice job.
My build begins when I get moved to my new house.
Packing sucks!

1 Like

I’m in the process of designing little 3d printed caps to put over the stepper motors.

Now that the machine has made a few passes around the spoilboard, I can ‘just’ catch a small lip with my finger nail in the X direction. Nothing in the Y direction. This is with a 1" end mill, so I’m guessing a 1/8" end mill should be just about perfect.

1 Like

Are you using the 6mm belts or did you change to the 10mm?

I switched to the 10mm

It took 3 hours, but the spoil board has been surfaced.

One of my tool mount bolts lossened and I think that’s what caused the lip on the board. Luckily it never let loose completely.

1 Like