SKR Pro 1.2 w/ TFT 35

I have a board that I replaced years ago that had similar problems. Not board failure, was the psu. When I checked with a meter all the voltages were correct, under load though the was a drop on the 3.3 volt.
New power supply, no further issues. But that is my experience.

1 Like

Just to make sure you are only powering one board at a time correct ?

Following along

Travis,
I have setup the boards each with a separate power supply for each one. I swapped the supply and there was no improvement. I think I have a problem with both boards with the 3 vt fuse or 3vt regulator, I don’t know enough about electronics to test the components.
Rand

Ryan.
I have a black “Reply” arrow on the right side of the forum text. Also a RED box with an arrow below the text for reply. Which one do you want me to use?
Rand

When you use the black one it is technically a reply to that person, there is a reply button in each post. If you use the red one it is just a reply to the thread in general.

Makes it easy to answer specific people if needed. Around here, we typically use the quote function.

like this

Thank you - now I understand the system and will try to respond correctly.
Any thoughts about inventory and availability?
Rand

Heck I always hit the black arrow. I should usually hit the red one since I almost always quote.

In terms of?

Two bad boards.

How did they go bad in the first place? If you got them from me they came flashed so all you had to do is wire it up and go.

In terms of flashing unplug everything. Including the driver chips and power supply. Put the power jumper to USB. Plug in the microsd with the one file on it, firmware.bin. Plug in a USB cable and watch for a green flashing light near the CPU. It does not last long. 5 secinds a pause and another 5 seconds or so.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: SKR Pro Bootloader Flashing / Repair

I moved that post because I think it could be useful to a lot of people. It is still linked here as well.

Rand, did you buy the boards from me?

3 Likes

No - you told me you no longer supported 3 D printing and I changed from Arduino Ramp boards to the SKR pro.

I tried to buy 8mb micro as chips but the smallest locally is 32mb. If I format them to fat32 12 mb and load the firmware bin should that flash okay?

1 Like

32Gb should be ok, but try to use that tool to format it:

Do you umount/eject your sdcard from your os before to remove it ? Maybe try to mark a pause between the end of the firmware.bin copy and the moment you unmount it, and a new pause after the moment the sdcard drive disapears before to get it off your sdcard writer.

2 Likes

Yes, I will follow your instructions and the format based on SD Association software my existing micro chips, then go to the V1 site and copy the SKR pro
Firmware.bin…. Do I just drag it over to the D drive destination and let it load? I will load the firmware and wait on the
load time and then eject the SD card.
Then I will load the micro chip onto the SKR board and give it time to load.

Anything else I should do to be successful in flashing these?

Rand

1 Like

Yes but firmware is compressed on V1 github so unzip it first and then copy the firmware.bin file into your sdcard.
Do not feel offensed if it’s just an evidence for you, i don’t know your skill level and we already saw people doing wrong by renaming the zip archive to firmware.bin…

Choose the correct archive depending of your wiring setup:
For Serial wiring (3 stepper drivers ) : V1CNC_SkrPro_2209-2.0.9.2.zip

For Dual endstop wiring(5 stepper drivers) : V1CNC_SkrPro_Dual_2209-2.0.9.2.zip

I posted links of 513 release, the one i’m currently using, for the last V1 release use those links :
For Serial wiring (3 stepper drivers ) :
https://github.com/V1EngineeringInc/MarlinBuilder/releases/download/515/V1CNC_SkrTurbo_2209-2.1.1.zip

For Dual endstop wiring(5 stepper drivers) : https://github.com/V1EngineeringInc/MarlinBuilder/releases/download/515/V1CNC_SkrPro_Dual_2209-2.1.1.zip

Unplug every thing on your board(drivers, screen, stepper wires, motors power bridge) and just keep DC or USB power.
If you have an air compressor blow some air on both side of your board, once it happened to me that a very tiny aluminium chip prevent me to flash the firmware.

I would also remove the board from that white polyethylene foam as PE foams can be either anti-static foams or conductive foams, if yours are conductive ones it could lead to you to that erratic behavior on all your board. Foam can also become conductive if it contains too much moisture/humidity

Board turned off(USB unplugged if your powering jumper is set to USB) insert your SD card in your SKR pro then turn it on. If no green blinking led you might try to press the red reset button next to the sdcard reader port.

If still not flashing, i think your last option would be to follow what i’ve previously posted to flash it via the USB bootloader to rescue your boards.

2 Likes

Very important.

1 Like

Ryan’
I have inquired several times about buying a SKR pro 1.2 board flashed and a second chip flashed with the software for three steppers wired in series. Can out tell me the price and how soon you could ship out these parts? If you have any questions please let me know…
Rand

1 Like

Rand that is the standard for what is in the shop. It is currently available.

I am extremely worried about how the other two boards died, plugging in a third one without figuring it out is not a good idea.

1 Like

My best guess is two of the boards have a problem with the 3vt circuit. This would prevent the firmware flashing but give other indications that I was making progress. I have three new 12 volt power supplies and are unused but I don’t
Have a way to check them under load - they test 12.2 volts on my meter. The third board (from a different lot). Works on both Marlin and Touch Screen fine except one driver needs to be changed. I am afraid of the possibilities of another problem and losing a board but connecting the power was the easy part. I would welcome suggestions.
Rand