Repeat V5 build

First post of topic.

Ordered some V1 parts today, starting to gather stuff up for my build.

2 Likes

That printer looked pretty appealing at RMRRF. I see you caught the bug.

Hey @MakerJim. Have you had a chance to see what size you want to make your build and if you will need different ABC bed plates?

Ahh, the misery of having lots of choices :smile:

I’m still on the fence, because:

I tried to open up fusion360 today on the windows box that I keep around for that purpose, and it isn’t happy with me. I go through this it seems once a year when I try to use fusion. So I’m still thinking about that and also debating whether I even want to hassle with it if future machines will be in Onshape.

I know that I really, really like the way some folks have been putting electronics on DIN rails at the back of their builds and I plan to do that even if the machine is otherwise just like the build Ryan had at RMRRF. Mike’s build exemplifies what I think I may want to do there.

More on my CAD thoughts that in the ‘which cad is for me in 2024’ thread.

I have a pile of my own various parts that I could build a printer around, but also an amazon cart ready to click buy on to copy what Ryan build. How’s that for not answering your simple yes/no question? :smile:

To combine this with a bit of an update, my V1 parts for the V5 and a LR3 are expected to arrive on Monday if the tracking is to be believed.

My parts bin of LR3 items is growing more full and most are printing beautifully.
I haven’t started printing V5 parts yet.

But I’ve got one part that has repeatedly spaghetti-ified.
The X Drive Mount.

It pops off the bed when trying to close a set of holes as shown.
It fails with and without a 4mm brim.

Probably a PLA temp tuning issue that I could fix but I’ll come back to it.

Probably should have put the update in my LR3 thread. Oh well.

1 Like

Yes this is a VERY good idea. I did it as well as @Michael_Melancon. He went a lot further with the planning than I did. And I have already laid out most of the back panel for when I convert the V4 over to V5.

Man that’s odd. I have never once had an issue printing an LR3 part. I’ve broken them after the fact but they always print great!. What layer height are you printing at??

LOL its all good. I still have another few weeks home so there is time. I was mostly just curious. I have all the dead boards ready to go and the parts I ordered from Aliexpress. I might also send you one more SKR if you want to mess with yet another one. Its still working, actually running on my V4 right now. But it has 2 mosfets that are always on 100%. Up to you if you want to mess with that one as well. I do still have 1 more spare SKR LOL. But before I send this working one I will hook it up and test it out to be sure. That way I’m not down a printer while you work on the boards LOL