Primo Core F is wiggling

Tell everyone with an issue for this to start a new thread. If you all are complaining in a youtuber’s facebook group there is no way for me to know about it.

If there is an issue moving one bearing is not the correct fix.

So far, AntiFetzen, is doing a wonderful job in testing and reporting. Should know what to do in the next day or two.

That is only one file and without the “special” clamp you lose 10-15mm of machine travel.

1 Like

I had the same problem, but it was only 0.3mm or so. I somehow solved it by tightening the bolts a lot. It still feels like the core is not completely fixed though.

Well the funky part is we are dealing with 0.55mm or less since that modded part is only 0.55 different. I just don’t understand how that is making it work or not. I will know more tomorrow, the 23.5mm parts are almost done printing and I should see this for myself.

If it works for me it is 100% a printer/slicer issue and I will have to make a test for it so we can figure it out. If it does not work for me I can adjust the models but still do not understand why one works and the others do not.

We already know there is a slicer setting that makes the belts sliders work or not and they have about 0.6mm clearance…pretty close to 0.55mm so that is why I am leaning so hard to that being the issue.

1 Like

Where is the belt slider settings? I want to check this myself :smiley: again I want to reprint mine in a different color but don’t want to print with wrong settings again. I have more trouble keeping track of that kind of thing than cats.:innocent:

We don’t know what it was, just that it exists.

1 Like

I read somewhere that the sliders were wrong in the Prusaslicer. I had no problems with them though. So if it was a problem with the slicer it would be random.

The issue was found, the core had wrong spacing for the gantry clamps. 25mm primo core clamp issues

3 Likes

According to my analysis of the STL the clamps have the same offset, fitting to the core. You should update these as well.

yes everything is being updated

3 Likes

Ryan @vicious1 mentioned in the PRIMO-thread that the modified clamps can be used (as several has reported) to counter the offset error(New MPCNC for 2020! - Primo -). I will go for this solution, since I’m all out of the fancy pantsy PLA I bought for the occation. Has anyone here attempted to make a modified Y clamp as well? Or is it possible to use the modified clamp for the Y-spot as well?

Edit: I see from the build doc that it seems like a regular clamp can be used, but then the truck wouldn’t clear. I guess this is the reason for loosing 15mm of workspace? Would the workspace be identical if a Y-clamp repair came?

2 Likes

Did you use a separate Y-clamp, or did you use this one for all the four mounts? How has it worked out?

Here is a modified version of the y clamp remixed from https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4564508

I’ve tested it on my core with the incorrect hole spacing and it can be adjusted to remove all the wobble.

Enjoy!

3 Likes

Perfect, thanks! I will print and assemble the coming days, I’ll let you know how it goes.

Neat, that came right on time. I just printed the first two clamps and thought about sawing that piece off. :smiley:

1 Like

I had some time and installed the two that had been already printed on the Y-axis. It’s incredible, no more wiggling. I thought mine were installed pretty well. Oh boy was I wrong. I can only imagine how much more precise it is going to be after toolchanges when I install the second set this evening.

1 Like

I’m printing the makeshift clamps right now, and finish assembling the core tonight. Good timing, I’m excited!

1 Like

Squaring took me 30 seconds for the 4mm offset that I was constantly having.
Last time I tried for over 2 hours. -_-

1 Like

Shoot - I was hoping to finish the gantry tonight, but only got to the trucks and tops. Well well, more fun another night :smiley:

1 Like

Finished the core, everything is perfectly square. No loose bearings anywhere. What a relief! I never figured the burly out, the end stops did the job. Now it was a breeze, the frame, trucks, core and rails again. I used the modified clamps, as mentioned earlier, since I didn’t have filament for a new core.

5 Likes