Options for klipper control at RMRRF & OS?

At some point its probably better for you to do that and start fresh. Some of your parts have to be getting some age on them LOL

1 Like

Thanks everyone. I have a 7" coming Wed. I am looking for the perfect fit cables now.

I am not a complete dingdong. I do have some screens here, but I did no t realize they were Wi-Fi onlyā€¦bummer. So just half dingdong.

I am 99% sure one of my printers is running the steppers from my very first Robo3D. I need to look to see if I trashed them or not. That is nearly 24/7/365ā€¦9years.

What setup are you thinking of? 7" touch screen for Pi with Klipper.

Got Travel router/switch for ethernet connectivity to laptop so can print anything discovered/chatted about between attendees/exhibitors/us?

bring it! I will have my laptop and the tablet as well.

The one JJ linked.

I had looked at the klipper screen page last night and I never saw it say hdmi and usb. Seems easy enough after watching that video.

1 Like

printer.cfg

Iā€™ll have a 2W with a 4B adapter (for ethernet and USB) with KIAUH installed running klipper screen. We drop in your config, plug in usb and it should just work.

Or, and Iā€™m not really advocating this, you can just lay the screen on the edge of the table where you keep accidentally knocking it off when you walk by.

1 Like

I donā€™t have one. The one David shared looks neat. Guessing thereā€™s cheaper alternatives if donā€™t need as many features.

We can connect at some point if really needed. just not on demand.

Klipper screen is awesome.

5 Likes

Havent seen that display before!

Gunna be weird without you and your magical bag of toolsā€¦ :face_exhaling:

1 Like

Iā€™m a klipper screen fan with the 7" touch screen. Much preferred over the jog wheelā€¦even the colored jog wheel.

You can use the old marlin screens on exp1 and exp2.

1 Like

I do that with my Ender 3 pro.

I have been meaning to look at the board and see if I can get it to run on my longer also. Not sure as the longer had a programmable screen and not the older style screen.

I saw that after I order the other screen. I ran down to the garage to take a look. I donā€™t have any cables even close to long enough to hook one up. Definitely going to need to put some thought into how the new farm will run.

Iā€™ll bring a klipperscreen 3.5" touch for you to test. If you message your printer.cfg file I can have it preloaded.

This is a 7" on the v4

The 3.5 will be 1/4 that size.

1 Like

Those work but you donā€™t get anywhere near as much info or control from them.

Thatā€™s the whole computer. Wouldnā€™t recommend. Thatā€™s why I just use it to control my printer.

1 Like

Yea, Iā€™m bummed out too.