Not another MP3DP V4

I do a skirt too, but the blobs always ended up in my prints somehow.

The prime helped to scrape the blob off the bottom of the nozzle before printing the skirt.

I do a retract at the end on my print jobs. That leaves me with no oozing on the next heat up. I have 5mm retract, I think.

Waiting to heat your nozzle until after you bed level may cause some issues due to the thermal expansion of the nozzle. Should only really affect the offset though.

If I have the offset preconfigured for the expansion, then it shouldn’t be an issue.

Goo Idea. I was thinking about doing this. I assume it’s something like this:

G1 E-5 F1200
G92 E0.0000
G1 E-9 F2400
G0 Z190 F4000
M104 S0 T0 ; turn off temperature
;M104 S0 T1 ; turn off temperature
M140 S0
M106 S0
M84     ; disable motors
1 Like

I’ll see your benchy and raise you a titanic.

Took almost 5 hours to print.

5 Likes

Really Nice model/print! Amazing details.

1 Like

I got it off of printable

Let me know if you find the heart of the ocean.

1 Like

Now you just need to get your hands on the digital scans of the current state of the Titanic…

On a separate note, seems like any of the other V1 machines would be a good fit to help you with your drawer fronts, especially if you wanted to add in some cool custom bas-relief artwork that splashes across all of them…

Let’s see… I can use my MPCNC Primo, Laser engraver, router table, or I can let my daughter hand engrave them with her wood carving set she got for Christmas.

Or I can just rip the boards out of plywood on the table saw and take 1/3rd the time and let the printer be the star of the show.

That is a tough choice…how about all of the above?!

The thread about filament driers have me curious about what the humidity is inside my printer with the heaters running. I picked up a small hygrometer to mount in the front panel of the lid.

I’ll install it tomorrow.

I also picked up 2 more exhaust fans. I want to mount these on the bottom pulling air in. I want to use them to help cool the heated bed when the print is done. I’ll probably start with one.

1 Like

Oh. And I accidentally stuck a screw driver into the fan on the extruder and broke a fin, so I need to replace that today.

Fixed the broken fan. I didn’t get around to adding additional exhaust fans, but I’ll get to that at some point.

Today I ordered some nice Bright Green ASA to replace all the PLA parts on the printer so I can run the chamber hotter. We’ll see how my printing tests go with that.

1 Like

Heh, my ASA is bright safety orange. :rofl:

1 Like

I’m not a fan of the color orange.

I painted a BMX bike bright green when I was in Jr high. It’ll be interesting to see how close this comes to that.

Lot brighter looking on my dash. :rofl:

Looking at this pic has the same effect as my first morning shot of coffee.

@barry99705 - is that an ADS-B reciever?
@azab2c - gotta clarify that reaction… my first good shot of morning coffee usually sends me off to the restroom. The (ADS-B receiver?) definitely doesn’t produce that reaction :slight_smile:

@niget2002 - Very curious how that ASA prints for you, and your overall impression of how yourV4 does in printing it.