Literally lol’d

2 Likes

Naa, make it dance!

2 Likes

baphomet :baphomet:
tardis :tardis:

2 Likes

Good to see you found the issue.
I downloaded the code and had to go take a break after poking through it for nearly an hour.
The whole thing just reinforces why I tend to write my own stuff from scratch as opposed to using massive libraries :tired_face:

1 Like

:120: :clap: :bowing_man:

2 Likes

Old question but I wanted to add my 2 cents. When I built my TimberBot core xy I tried it both ways. Using all the bolts and then only 3. It ended up not being worth it when the holes are precision cut on a cnc. So I ended up only using 1 bolt about every 100 mm.

1 Like

It is glorious!!!

11 Likes

Running with full leveling, old production file at 200%, bl touch,

Now I need a zesty nimble or the other one…so awesome. This Hemera can’t handle more than 200% I want to go faster.

I want to cut a real frame tomorrow. Want want want…

3 Likes

Yeah that sounds right to me. To some degree it can help with warped extrusions…but each end and no more than 100 or so between them sounds like plenty.

2 Likes

That looks like a very efficient use of space. Elegant, even.

2 Likes

Are you sure?

Doesn’t feel elegant yet, With the wood frame and wire management I might feel otherwise. I am glad it looks that way to you already…I hope to make that better!

Hmmmm, engaging google-fu to investigate my issue further.
I suppose just 200% on an old file is unfair. I will do some proper testing today (super excited to actually).

1 Like

For me, efficiency is beautiful. Guess that’s it.

I really can’t wait to dig deeper. E3d is showing a PLA volume of 600mm3/min (10mm3/s), then the specs for a volcano are 1800 (30/s)! MirageC is using a volcano…I do have one here that JellyBox gave me. Might finally need to run it!

So I was exceeding the regular heat block recommendations, printing well at 900/m (15/s) and MirageC was hitting around 46/s +++.

Well E3D under rate their hardware, that is awesome…might need a volcano setup now. That means a new fan shroud.

The odd thing is the 24mm/s retract was What I thought would be the limiting factor.

1 Like

Wow. That is an understatement for what you have accomplished, but Wow. Keep up the great work, I loved following your thought and implementation process. So many people just reach a point they feel challenged and just give up. 3D printing needs more innovation and creativity because it is such a game changing technology.

2 Likes

Luckily, it is super fun almost every step of the way!

Thank you for adding the positivity. As foreign as it feels to me to share “design secrets” and my failures, it did make it a lot more fun. I do enjoy unveiling, a new project, but I do think I liked sharing more. Not sure what this means for future projects yet but I will try to keep updating the progress on this one for a while. I think it will be fun to try and take some of these basic primitive shapes and give them some style and flavor while increasing their functionality, all while sharing what I am doing.

5 Likes

I’m cleaning up my bench, fine-tuning the hardware, and firmware. I hope to share a few more pictures today.

1 Like

I’ve never felt like a needed another/a new 3d printer. My Prusa is a reliable workhorse. But following this topic makes my thoughts twist and turn to come of with excuses for why I need to build this thing when it’s finished :smiley:

4 Likes

Only if you want to learn some stuff. I am just about to slice up some test prints to see how that course Z axis works.

Fingers crossed. Last night’s prints look great but I am going to take a harder look now.

3 Likes

The best excuse ever: “Why not? I’m a grown up, and I enjoy it”

5 Likes