New member inquiring about some 3d printed parts for CNC V3

For my first Lowrider build I split the plates vertically with overlapping joints and holes for 3mm screws. I printed 2 sets on my Ender 3 and finished assembling my Lowrider. My first project on my Lowrider was the 2 plates needed to replace the printed parts.

3 Likes

Do you have a pic of this showing how you made them?

1 Like

I don’t have my original work so I quickly recreated it. Each half will fit on an Ender 3 bed.

5 Likes

That would be a good remix to publish…

1 Like

Did you get this figured out? Maybe a local friend can print them for you? Speaking of which- where are you located?

I agree with the advice to not try printing that standing up like that.

You’re probably aware that Tom Myers (@tgm022861) part shown there is LR2 as opposed to LR3.

I’ve quickly worked up an approach to splitting the YZ plate for printing as two pieces. This is based on the approach shown by Tom, but it seeks to have all the cutouts completely contained as opposed to a slice running right through any of them.

YZ Plate - split for printing.zip (119.2 KB)

The illustrations show how they would fit on a 220x220 print bed.

9 Likes

Dude. You are a wizard with these printing mods. Super jelly

Nice work!

2 Likes

Im in louisiana. I just ended up buying the plates from the site.

2 Likes

I know the SketchUp modeling program so well it’s like second nature to me. I’m gaining proficiency with Fusion 360, and in doing so, I’ve realized that some jobs are easier and quicker there, while other jobs are still better suited to being done in SketchUp. This type of quick, easy job was much faster and easier for me in SketchUp.

2 Likes

Holy crap that is cool lol. Im decent with fusion but i still have alot to learn

1 Like

So now i could print these instead of buying the plates from the site and use them to cut my own once i get it together?

1 Like

If you print them, that’s all you need.

I’m running my Lr3 with printed plates. Super rigid, no issues

Awesome thank you

1 Like

Yes, indeed.

3 Likes

If you do, please let us know how it goes.

awesome thank you sir. Now to see if i can edit my order

1 Like

I sure will

1 Like

@KMRDesigns

Hey, just for clarity, I was thinking that you would epoxy the 2 halves together for strength and also thinking that it would only be temporary so that you could get some new plates milled. Regarding whatever glue you do use, I would recommend avoiding the areas around the edges of the holes and cutouts.

PS: of course if you do get liberal with the epoxy, and some squeeze out ends up oozing into the cutout openings or the screw hole openings, you could always wipe (while wet) or grind the squeeze out off after it’s dry and redrill the holes, though be careful about what drill bit size you choose if you do that, as if you open the holes up too much then the screws won’t have anything to bite into.

1 Like

How did this print go?

1 Like

I ended up irdering the plates from V1E

1 Like