Can't fit bearing wheel bracket on YZ plate

(I have pictures and link but I’m not allowed to post since new user.)

Hello,
First post, building the LR3. Great project!

Printed the split YZ plate from this post by Doug Joseph (not allowed to link, sorry):
new-member-inquiring-about-some-3d-printed-parts-for-cnc-v3/35846/12
Used it as a template to route a 12 mm mdf. Painted black.

I can’t seem to make the Bearing wheel bracket fit and align with the two M5 holes. The linear rail interfere (see blue mark).

Where can I have gone wrong in this process?

Thanks in advance!
Jorgen

Picture YZ plate:

Picture Printed Bearing wheel bracket:

Picture Top M5 hole in YZ plate:

Picture Bottom M5 hole and contact between linear rail and bearing wheel bracket:

1 Like

Here is one of the pictures, maybe it can explain the question.

Picture Bottom M5 hole and contact between linear rail and bearing wheel bracket:

1 Like

I just looked at my assembly and have about 2mm clearance there. Are your linear bearings from V1? If not they may have different dimensions and it would probably be easiest to just clearance the printed part with a file or dremel. If the rails are from V1 I might lean more towards a problem with the printed part and it’s dimensions (maybe scaled accidentally before being printed).

1 Like

As I’m now a trusted member of this forum :slight_smile: here are the complete picture series.

Picture YZ plate:

Picture Printed Bearing wheel bracket:

Picture Top M5 hole in YZ plate:

The link to the split YZ plate:

1 Like

Hi and thanks for your reply. I did only buy the XZ aluminium plate from V1 together with some other parts that is hard to get hold of where I’m.

I bought the MGN12H 150 at Amazon, but looks the same to me.

I agree to cut the printed part, a little notch.

Best regards,
Jörgen

1 Like

So did you 3d print the split YZ plate I uploaded?

Hello sir,

Yes, I did: "Printed the split YZ plate from this post by Doug Joseph ". Worked great! Thank you.

J

1 Like

Cool. Glad to hear it worked out!

1 Like

Here is some pictures using your split as template.

2 Likes

Well, problem solved. :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth: It was an error on my part. The V1e design and the split YZ plate are great. I have some how missed the guide holes (blue pointer) with the screw when adding the linear rail. Detached and relocate the rail solved the problem.

Thanks,
Jorgen

1 Like

Glad you got it sorted out!

1 Like