MPCNC Primo Schneewittchen Reanimated - Oldenburg, Germany

Wood glue and toothpicks will take care of the original holes…then you are good to go on the new holes.

Hey Ulli, great to see you again. :slightly_smiling_face:

But no, regrettably I do not have a value. I just go after how it feels after playing around for quite a while.

Thank you very much. You helped me a lot. I will keep you updated if your tipps helped me getting this machine to work :rofl:

I build several 3D Printers by my own but so far i’m not able to build a working CNC sometimes i want to :face_vomiting:

Two months of dust… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Your printed parts look really good. I have a prusa mini too and I feel mine don’t look as good. Do you mind sharing your print settings?

Sorry for the late reply, was on vacation. :stuck_out_tongue:

Those are for the core, for the other parts just change infill to 45% (there is variable infill now which might help with the core, but I never did that).

I added a very great dust collection that costs one only ~5mm. It does not suck dust out of the groves well, but it keeps the rest of the shop clean. Plus, it looks awesome:

Credits to ELS on Prusaprinters who does not seem to be on the forum (?). STLs here: Printables

2 Likes

I was thinking of doing a similar design to minimise the loss of space.
It does look awesome.

2 Likes

I bet that also helps keep the router cooler on longer runs.

The creator of it said he had it run for 20 hours, so yeah, it should also cool. :smile:

One last picture before disassembly. I am sad now. :smiling_face_with_tear:

3 Likes

Hell yeah!! Looks fabulous.

1 Like

You mean LOOKED fabulous as in past tense!

OMG!!! My dad had one of those rulers when I was a kid, but I have not seen one in SOOOOOO long, I love it!!! I completely missed it before!

The Bauhaus ruler? :question:

correct, not many in the u.s. anymore. I wish I had my dads!

Never knew the US had them. :smiley:

1 Like

I have one, made out of metal, that belonged to my Grandfather. I’m nearly 71 years old, I have no idea how old this one is, but I remember it when I visited my Grandfather when I was 6!

3 Likes

Well i am 54 so it was quite a while ago! The retractable has always been king!

1 Like

Schneewittchen Reanimated as a drag knife, plotter and later laser.

Oh yes, I want to do that!! RAWR!

The new insides (not all of it, but most of it). I am not crimping cables again. I can buy a cable for 3€ with everything ready which saves me at least 20 minutes per cable (yes, I am that bad at crimping). I call that a deal. I also still have some 6mm belts from when I bought everything for the Burly, but then the Primo was released, so I am going to use those 6mm belts. They do not need to move much. I also ordered bigger motors for the Froschkönig, so Schneewittchen is getting the old ones back. I am also reducing the size to 50x50cm for more rigidity.

First try at a Jackpot holder. You screw the two holders down and then slide a 5mm piece of hardboard in for the Jackpot to hang onto. Let’s see whether that works.

Updates soonish.

5 Likes