MP3DP V4 Build

1025 and your steppers are not warm? Go higher.

They should be warm, are you using my steppers or some other ones?

1 Like

They take 15-20 minutes of actual printing to warm up, the Z steppers do not get as warm.

1 Like

Your steppers. I will try 1200. I havent been able to print that long as its moves so far the print fails. But there is no heat at all in them.

1 Like

That is not right. Mine are at 800 and sitting at 40C.

What drivers do you have and what board?

(headed out to an early dinner soon. I will check back in a while if you don’t hear from me).

1 Like

at 1200 your drivers could be overheating.

1 Like

SKR Pro 1.2 TMC 2209. If it matters this is the old board off of my LR3 that had the endstop issue. Starting to wonder if it has more issues. Only other free board i have is an BTT Octopus and no way to compile the firmware for it.

Enjoy your dinner. Almost that time here as well. And most likely will be an early bed time for me as well lol. I’ve been up since 0430 yesterday and drove 6 hrs home this morning. Needless to say im pooped. Probably not helping this situation at all.

2 Likes

It is worth checking what current the drivers are using. They do scale down if they get too hot. The current setting and actual value are in the output from M122

1 Like

I didnt get to run it at 1200. In my frustration I was switching it over to Klipper and then went to switch back to your firmware (should have just stayed on it until we had all the troubleshooting done…but im an idiot) Well I cant find the firmware.bin file where i was able to edit the bed size 2 weeks ago. I can only find your precompiled file. And now neither computer will compile the firmware due to the unknown board error… its just not my night tonight lol

Once im able to compile the firmware and get back to where i was i will run it again and check that.

1 Like

Can I run vs code and platform io on mac? If so I will attempt to compile it on my laptop

1 Like

Yes, you can. I use it in Linux.

1 Like

Yep. I do.

1 Like

Thank both of you. Not sure if I will try tonight but if not for sure tomorrow

Well I couldn’t stand it. The old 2012 MacBook Pro to the rescue. Downloaded everything and followed the docs just to make sure I didn’t screw up. Downloaded Ryan’s firmware and compiled it with no edits. Wife’s new computer did it in 37 seconds (when it worked). The ole MacBook took 3 min and 37 seconds but it worked! So I went back and made my bed size edits and it’s recompiling now. Finished in 2m 21s this time lol

2 Likes

Good morning everyone…So heres where im at. Firmware worked and printer now knows its actual size. I tried running the benchy print again and it did the G34 this time but that sizing is still off and i have no idea where to make that change at…any pointers??? Also after it finished that it went to mesh probing and made it farther than it ever has on that but still failed before finishing it all. It started the print and didnt skip steps this time. Im honestly wondering if something was screwed up with the original firmware but idk. Going to see what the motors are set at now and just leave them there. after 20 min of printing they were a touch warm but not hot at all. might get out the FLIR later and see what they are truly at just for knowledge and to play with the camera lol.

I think it is this line here, Marlin/Configuration_adv.h at 507c122fcff686bc83d6c8b06bc05f3bf01bcc73 · MarlinFirmware/Marlin · GitHub

So I’m assuming I need to delete the // in front then change the numbers to 0,0 300,0 150,300 ?? Am i understanding this correctly?

No it should already be active you just need to change the coordinates.

1 Like

Ok good deal. Ill give that a shot. Assuming my coordinates were correct.

ok am i close? for some reason my line numbers arent matching up with what was in the link.

I tried uncommenting that and changing the coordinates but it failed to build so i assume i got something wrong. Im sorry for being a pain. Im trying my best to understand this and not keep bothering