MP3DP V4 Build

Well i had fully planned on starting to put my build together this evening…only to find out the T nuts i got are for M3 not M5…So now I’m on hold until they get here Saturday. Wish i would have seen that earlier but oh well. Good news is I should be able to pick up some 1/4" aluminum tomorrow to mill out the bed support and print bed and have that ready to go when the other parts get here. Should be receiving the steppers and other goodies from Ryan tomorrow. Hoping to have this thing printing by the end of the weekend lol

3 Likes

Exciting!

1 Like

I bought quite a bit of stuff to do a couple of MP3DP’s but I have not even planned on starting yet. A lot going on.

2 Likes

Im the same way. Kids…Trying to build drawers for my LR3 table. A table top for my computer room. Did i mention kids?? Wife. Parents. And 2 weeks to do it all in before im gone again lol. But hey whats one more thing LOL

2 Likes

Yeah, tell me about it. I’ve got four of those from 7.5 years to 10 months. Not so much time… :smiley:

3 Likes

Oops. Well, you need some of the 3mm Tee nuts for the 3D printed pieces anyway…

Well that’s good. So they aren’t a total waste

I did get the bed plate and support cut out today so that’s a plus

5 Likes

Looks sweet!

2 Likes

Finally! M5 T nuts!!

2 Likes

This is nuts!! :peanuts: :chestnut: :coconut:

More pictures!

I wish I had more to post. I got called back offshore early so I will be a little over 2 weeks before I can work on it more. Hopefully by then the last few pieces I’m waiting on will be delivered and ready to go

Post when you can!

1 Like

Man oh man. I’ve built a LR2. 2 Primo’s and a LR3. None of those were any where near as challenging as this thing!! Here’s where I’m at so far…

Don’t judge the mess in the background. I feel like I’ve had it together and apart 10 times to get to this point. Not really but it has been a few. REALLY have to pay attention to what goes where with this stupid tnuts.

3 Likes

Oh and a few more parts in the works…

2 Likes

Just had to see what it was going to look like…

6 Likes

What was the most challenging?

2 Likes

Not knowing what goes where other than looking at a pic. And not knowing what size screw and what not. Im almost to the part of mounting motors and stuff like that and have no clue how belts are routed. I know i can figure it out. Just didnt realize how much having a step by step guide for the others made it WAY easier lol

1 Like

It makes you really appreciate the docs. :slight_smile:

2 Likes