MP3DP V4 Build

I had my fans backwards. Swapped them around and my part cooling fan doesn’t run when I try it. The other fan would run. Have to figure out what’s up there. Still only moves just the x motor when I jog x+ or - same for y. And still only one z motor working

2 Likes

It is labeled on the back of the board. Just nothing in the power pin.

Nope, https://github.com/V1EngineeringInc/MarlinBuilder/releases/download/515/V13RP_V4_SkrPro_2209-2.1.1.zip

One comes on when the temp is above 50C on the part cooling fan should be controllable from the screen the other is not it’s automatic.

2 Likes

That link downloaded the exact same firmware Will try flashing again just to see if something went wrong. Pic i posted of the screen makes me think its correct since it did say V1CNC before i flashed it

ok well apparently it was different firmware even though it had the exact same file name lol. had to flip some motors around but got it all working. Its doing some odd things when I jog x or y. but when I home it does good. Also i think I’m going to have to adjust the size in the firmware for all the homing to work correctly. but that’s a problem for tomorrow lol. Thank you for all the help!!!

1 Like

The zip files are a different name other than that, yup, they all have the same file names. Only two files change between them all. Configuration.h (change your bedsize here) and configuration_adv.h.

What is happening?

What does it do here, it should home X, then Y, then Z. Does yours diagonally home XY?

2 Likes

I figured that on the file names. I went into conifguration.h and i believe i changed the bed size in the right place but I cant get it to build. Says "Error: Unknown board ID ‘marlin_BigTree_SKR_Pro’ I didn’t get a chance to do any research on it yet to see what i am doing wrong. Firmware edits have never been my strong suit lol.

See video below. Previously i had just homed one axis at a time but in the video I homed all. Now i will say that if I jog the bed up a little ways then try to home, it will drop it 200mm then drop the probe and come back up and home just fine. I tried to do a bed level just to see what would happen and it only probed one spot and it was off the edge of the PEI sheet. Guess I’m going to have to configure the offsets a little different for it. I know how to do that in Klipper but I’m not sure how to in Marlin. Time for more research

2 Likes

Using platform io?

That homing issue is your longer Z axis. You definitely need to edit the firmware. You can cheat and test it by holding the bed closer then homing.

1 Like

Yes sir… VS Code platform.io just as the docs say. I found where to change the bed size. Even found where to enable the filament sensor and LEDs but didnt change either of those. Just changed the bed size and i get that error.

Last night i made some adjustments. Got the tensioners for the x and y motors installed that i was missing and got everything done there. Originally i had the belt too tight and the bed would hit the x stepper before coming all the way up. That is fixed now. But there are still other crazy still. As you see in the video its not moving straight x then straight y. its going at an angle.

1 Like

Unzip a fresh copy of the our firmware, make no changes, then try to compile it, the little check mark. See if it works, it 100% should. Chances are there is an error editing.

Not sure about this one yet.

2 Likes

So I just downloaded the link I gave you earlier, unzipped it. Opened p io, then selected open folder (the one I unzipped) and waited for p io to get through all the files, then selected the checkmark. It compiles fine as is. So let’s figure out how to get you to that point.

2 Likes

ok i deleted all other versions i had and downloaded a new copy from the link you sent earlier. I extracted it then extracted the marlin file inside. I opened VScode and opened that folder with the platformio.ini file in it and waited for platform io to do its thing. at the bottom i already see this…

Went ahead and clicked the checkmark to see what happens and got this…

1 Like

Just opening the folder for you does that?

Why would it try to run some script? Something is definitely not right there.

Selecting open folder this is what it should look like.

Try clicking on the little alien face and see if there is an update or something.

2 Likes

You didn’t install the marlin autobuilder did you?

1 Like

I think I did let that auto install. I will see about removing it.

2 Likes

Even if that is there, just try hitting the check mark at the bottom to see if it builds. I have not used autobuilder and I am not exactly sure what it even does.

1 Like

Ok I removed Marlin Autobuilder, Deleted the files and redownloaded again. Extracted. Opened in VScode and let PIO do its thing (which only takes a few seconds…is this normal?) and then clicked the checkmark at the top right to build and get the exact same error…

1 Like

https://docs.v1e.com/learn/platformio/#load-your-firmware

Bottom left

*Edit top right should work as well.

1 Like

I had this before I think and had to delete some backup file that had been built before. I found it by googling but don’t remember exactly what the error was.

1 Like

I know this is bad timing but I am headed out for half the day right now. Sorry.

1 Like

How dare you have a life! Boo! :joy:

1 Like