MP3DP V4 Build - SW Virginia

Maybe I try that one on my original Hypercube.

Installed the first of the outside panels! Back panel with hook for the spool mounted to the inside of the machine.

3 Likes

Printing a new X Carrier. I opened the belt slots up a little so they are 1.5mm at the entrance and 2.5 in the area for the small lock pieces.

Printing at .28mm layer height, .4mm nozzle in Inland PLA+ at 100mm/s

2 Likes

Having some issues with the BLTouch. Is anyone else seeing variations between the first and second reading during Z Axis Tilt adjustment? Sometimes it is the exact same and others it can vary. I am not sure if maybe it is interference or something to do with the bed being heated and moving as it heats. I mounted my bed on those silicone space mounts and am thinking about putting springs underneath in the thought that the bed is too constrained when it is heating.

Any thoughts out there?

Try letting the bed settle for 3-4 minutes after reaching operating temp and try again.

Seems some have an issues and some don’t.

Edit: Posted BLTouch/Z-tilt info (including a video) in this post. Hope that helps!

1 Like

It is time for some praise.

As I have gotten a few kinks out and been printing with this printer it may be the finest printer I have used. I own and Ender3 but have built 2 Hypercubes and loved them. This printer uses the lowest part count of any of them and it is just plain old smooth!

Don’t get me wrong. The Hypercubes were ahead of their time but the rails on this one and the auto z Tilt is a game changer.

Just wanted to say thanks to @Ryan for putting the time in on this. Truth be told I built the Hypercubes because I built the original MP3DP when I finished my MPCNC and hated it so much I looked for other options (please dont take offense!).

6 Likes

Added side panels today. Also finalized the mount for the camera. I am not super happy with the camera housing but it will work for now.

Still working on the control panel mounting. I think i have it worked out but need to print it out. Been sidetracked redoing the electronic side of my Hypercube to change over to the Manta M4P and Klipper. Then I bricked my Ender3 doing a Klipper upgrade so I had to redo it.

2 Likes

Heard that many times this weekend.

To be fair, It looked like it was hung up and I shut it off. Not such a good idea. The rebuild was not that big a deal even, imaged a new image and slapped it in. I had the config backed up and just had to verify the MCU address. up and running!

Now the KevinAKASam Belted Z parts are showing up today so I will take it back apart!

1 Like

Got the control panel section of the skirts done. Still have to work out a bezel for it.

4 Likes

So… decided i needed to print a Benchy.

4000 acceleration and 200mm/s. No record but the quality is pretty damn good considering.

I saw flow rates in the 18mm³ range and the H2 REVO did not even slow down.

4 Likes

After the benchy i decided to go all in.

First layer laid down at 50mm/s and the rest at 125mm/s.

Guess I have another project to build. Was planning on changing my Primo over to a small LR3 anyway.

9 Likes

8:18 is incredible.

1 Like

That’s some serious print speed. I wonder how that kind of output would impact @vicious1 print farm production work…

Yep! I hadn’t even had my first layer shift in 8 hours! :thinking:

My 0.5 nozzle 0.32mm layers at regular speed prints the core at 8:30. My limiting factor at this point is cooling and flow rate more than speed…but my next build is going to change that. See how fast I can print with that big nozzle then!

2 Likes

This was .4mm @.3mm layer height. I picked up the .6 and .4 Obsidian Revo nozzles but have not tried them yet.

You going to add some side cooling?

Weirdly the issue I am having is that the part cooling fan has started vibrating and making the worst noise imaginable. I seriously paused the print and hot glued pieces of filament on it to try to reduce the noise.

I need the Fan to be more solidly mounted in a vertical orientation. Most people design the mounts for the H2 extruders to allow access to the wheel but I actually don’t find much use for the wheel.

1 Like

Also, the sheer size of this thing still amazes me.

2 Likes