Mp3dp v4 bom

Sharp looking! How thick?

I have a small stockpile of 9.5mm stuff. I bought a stack of 10-12 cutoff quarter sheets at half price last year.

It machines so well I could not pass up the deal.

1 Like

Our local Menards home improvement store stocks 4x8 1/4” HDPE in black and white! 1/2” available for ship to store orders.

Cheers! Thanks for clarifying/corrections. Updated my BOM post above. Better?

Yep, you’re right. I was mistakenly thinking about a Bowden setup.

Was expecting microswitches for Z Posts, but then I saw in Repeat V2 Topic, you mentioned “No z endstops is easy and works great.”. So, 2 is what I’ll get if I don’t have some already.

Looks great. Am all for use offcuts, planning to pickup some from my local acrylic/poly supplier.

You are the best! 3 spaces or bed springs, 4 if you are using one of those beds. Probably need to add a bltouch or other probe to the list. This is almost ready to cut and paste!

As I was making coffee this morning, it occurred to me that I could make a rudimentary calc by basing everything off of my 200^3 build and just making things like extrusions, belt, some screws (base measurement plus X amount per 25mm added).

I think I will try to dump some pictures on the page now with some warnings.

2 Likes

@vicious1 does extrusion dimensions exported from the model using script MP3DP v4 - Aza's build - #7 by azab2c help?

I added some resizing instructions. Only took a little over 2 hours. MP3DP v4 - V1 Engineering Documentation

3 Likes

Love the chopped off hand in the pics. Also, the face hiding behind the printer. :smiley:

Question: Why isn’t this symmetrical? The light blue part for the four mounting holes and the print bed itself are not centered in the middle.

2 Likes

Because the Hemera extruder isn’t centered on the print head. It’s offset from the center, so the heated build platform should be offset from the printer mechanism by the same amount. It allows the X axis part to be as short as possible while giving access to the whole bed.

Edit: If you zoom in on the Hemera, you’ll see that the hot end nozzle is directly in line with the top center hole for the heated build plate mount.

5 Likes

Thanks, that makes sense. My symmetry loving brain needed to ask. :smile:

2 Likes

For folks looking to buy parts… Just noticed https://biqu.equipment have an Easter sale with prices that seem a bit better than the Sale they seemingly have for the few regular days we have between seasonal/festive related sales.

Anyone able to share BOM they have that covers parts beyond Specialty parts available at V1E Shop? Starting to cobble something together, using info from various topics, and VORON Design - Sourcing Guide even. Figured I should check with you guys first, before going to far, guessing several folks here have gone through this process already and have comprehensive lists, or spreadsheets even?

I have bought several items from AliExpress related to my hope for building a couple of these repeat V4 printers. These purchases have included bed heaters, solid-state relays to switch on the mains-powered bed heaters, and flex steel magnetic print beds as a package set that comes with the magnetic sheet. I’m trying to think if there’s anything else I’ve gotten from them. I am on the road right now, so I can’t provide you specific links at this time.

1 Like

I have bought a couple of namebrand Meanwell power supplies. One of them was bought through marketplace, I think Walmart marketplace actually, but it was actually being shipped and sold from a company that carries Meanwell. The second one I bought straight from the same company but from their own website I think.

When I was building my Lowrider V3 plasma rig, I could not find the 24 V power supply that I had purchased for it (not name brand), so I wound up using one of the Meanwell power supplies that was intended for a repeat v4 printer. So if I want the two printers to match, I will need to swap in the power supply that was originally intended for the plasma rig. It is a thicker, fatter power supply than the Meanwell. Space is less of a concern inside that repurposed desktop PC tower, so that bigger power supply would fit better in there anyhow.

1 Like

A lot depends on what you end up doing I know i severally under estimated the amount of screws a tnuts for my build. But honestly once Ryan says he is happy with the Panels I believe i will be switching to those. These printed corner brackets look great but there is just too much flex in it for me to be happy with it.

Yeah, am seeing ~115 bolts needed just for attaching the Front/Side/Bottom/Back panels, guessing M5x8 button head, assuming 1/8" thick acrylic panels? That’s before adding any corner/right-angle brackets.

1 Like

I used M3x10, that needs at least 5.5mm thick panels. I think those give a tiny bit more wiggle room if needed, than an m5.

1 Like

Some years back I bought a lifetime supply of M5 screws in various lengths. I mean a lot of screws. So I will probably use M5. I suppose I could save on how many of the nuts I would need if I were to drill into the aluminum extrusion, and then tap the holes. But I will probably buy a big supply of the nuts just to save myself some work, and preserve the ability to adjust as needed.

1 Like

The magic of Tnuts is they can move. Drilling and tapping might make it too hard to adjust perfectly.

1 Like

Check Sam’s/Costco’s kitchen section for hdpe cutting boards.

1 Like

Current Work In Progress task for me…

Parts not listed on V1E Shop

Fasteners

QTY Description Comment Link
62 M3x8 - Linear rails all use M3x8
  - (x+100+(2 * (y+ 50) + 3 * (z + 50)) / 25
  - Excel… =(A1+100+2*(B1+50)+3*(C1+50))/25
  - e.g. 62 for 200mm^3
- One stepper mount marked with an “8”
4 M2.5x12 2 x 2 Endstops
??? M3x10mm
~113 M3 or M5 Button head by 8+ mm - 4 x 25 Side/Back/Bottom Panels
- 13 Front lower Panel
- (M5’s will have less wiggle room)
- 8mm for 1/8" panels, 10mm for 5.5mm+ (e.g. 1/4")
- Measure/check length needed for panel thickness
Panel bolts
??? M5x30mm
??? M5 Slide in Nuts - Use slide-in nuts, rotating T-Nuts are horrible amzn

Motion

1 X Linear rail MGN Usable X + 100mm MGN12H FilaAmazon (select correct dimensions)
2 Y Linear rails MGN Usable Y + 50mm MGN12H FilaAmazon (select correct dimensions)
3 Z Linear rails MGN Usable Z + ~50mm MGN12H FilaAmazon (select correct dimensions)

Electronics

1 Extruder or other tool Hemera,example, match voltage, 24V is good.
BIQU H2 or BIQU H2S REVO
FilaAmazon
1 Power Supply Match voltage to your setup
e.g. MEANWELL LRS-350-24
FilaAmazon
1 Heated Bed Style and Size will vary ShopAmazon
1 BL Touch Probe
1 Pi 4 or at least 3+ Klipper/OctoPi controller Good luck!
1 Micro SD
1 Display

BuildPlate

Frame

Panels

• Material options
    • 6mm /1/4" Plywood
    • Acrylic/Polycarbonate
    • ACM (aluminium-plastic-aluminium sandwich) great stable material, but $$$.

Cables

???

Vibration Management

???

Misc

???

Feedback/suggestions appreciated!

1 Like