Mp3dp v4 bom

This is the exact same boat I am in. So far Ryan and the rest of the forum have been able to answer any questions i have had along the way. Still very early into the build phase for mine. Just cut all of the extrusion today and hope to be putting the frame together this evening. I will start a build thread as soon as i have something worth posting!

1 Like

Since the print volume size is driven from the rail length, X size = rail length - 100mm. Example, a 300mm X rail gives you 200mm printable.

Y size = Y rail length -50mm. Example, 250mm rail length gives you a 200mm printable.

Z size = Z rail length - ~50mm. This one is approximate because bed mounting is somewhat variable. Original CAD has this at 250mm giving a 200mm cubed volume.

From memory, extrusion length for Y axis and Z upright extrusions are the rail length + 95mm, and the X extrusion is the X rail + 70mm so the example extrusion cuts are 345mm for Y and Z (the uprights that the Z rails attach to are 305mm) and 370mm for the 3 extrusions in the X axis.

Therefore the extrusion cut list for a 200mm cubed build is:
3X 305mm
8X 345mm
3X 370mm

Mine is a 250mm cubed build, so I add 50mm to every one of those.

2 Likes

Hi Dan,

thank you for your reply!

These measurements are for 2020 extrusion? When you write rails you are referring to MGN12C rails?

Perhaps you could make a color scheme generator? :stuck_out_tongue:

:rofl: Nobody but Nobody wants to deal with my sense of colour coordination.

Yes, those are the lengths of the MGN12H rails. (MGN12C rails have the wrong size cars on them, that being the difference.)

1 Like

I’m sure your sense of color combinations is good!

I can get 450mm or 600mm MGN12H rails easily where I am.

Can I cut it to size?

Edit: Is there a list of how many printed parts I need?

You should be able to get 300mm rails easily enough.

I usr 300mm for Y and Z and 350mm for X

Yes, provided that you can cut the steel that the rails are made of, you can cut them to length. You really should cut by 25mm increments (the holes are spaced 25mm apart) though you are by no means forced to. (I think the CAD expects it, so it might break in interesting ways if you try a different increment.)

In my plog, I listed the plastic pieces I printed. It basically comes to 1 each of the parts, with the following exceptions:

• 2 each of the Z motor mounts (plus the 1 mirrored Z motor mount)
  • 2 each of the tension blocks
  • 6 each of the Z belt holders.

I printed 2 of the rail alignment part which makes it a bit easier, but wasn’t necessary.

3 Likes

Hi Dan,

thank you for your reply! I will read your entire plog later today. :smiley:

What shell and infill settings did you use?

1 Like

Hi again,

I have looked through your picture log and perhaps we could collaborate and make some docs?

After reading this email this morning, I opened up github to start the DOCS and ended up working on the domain switch. Move images to github local by V1EngineeringInc · Pull Request #424 · V1EngineeringInc/V1EngineeringInc-Docs · GitHub. I’ll see where I get with it tomorrow.

I am still working on the 4.1 parts. I printed out a new fan shroud, I need to test it tomorrow. So I am not super interested in making lists and changing them, I really am focused on getting the updated build done. The CAD is updating though so you can see what I am doing and the new parts I have been dropping in to wire management and things. I will try to get a hardware list of some sort up, but it will vary with build size so that will not be easy.

3 Likes

I agree, no need to make a list and then change it often!

I really like your designs and I want to create them, at the moment I am looking at the sand table and printing those parts.

Dang it. So I got to download the cad again and print more. Lol I’m just messing with you. Glad I got delayed a little. The fan shroud and bl touch mount were 2 things I still needed to print

I just screwed it in place. The new one seems to move a bit more air. I doubled the outlet size to reduce pressure (same size as the fan port), made the body volume larger, and cut off some excess that was not needed.

2 Likes

Awesome! If you need someone to do another test print for you load up the file I have 2 printers on standby lol

I just printed the old fan shroud, but wouldn’t mind doing it again.

1 Like

I thought I slid it into the model but it is not there. I will move it over now. It should show up in the fusion model.

V38 has the new hemera / bl touch shroud.

3 Likes

Will give it a go on the printer in the morning for sure. I did print the meanwell power supply mount tonight just to see how that would turn out. Looks great. Do you happen to have any pics of where you envision the new wire hangers coming into play? I see them on the cad but they are just floating out in mid air. You may have them placed on the new update and I just haven’t seen it yet.

So far it’s looking good…

Don’t judge me on the dirty print bed. It’s sticking no problem lol

Looks sweet!

If I get to play in the shop today I will upload some pictures. You can see some of them in the docs page I have. I use them for wire management.

This time around I tucked a bunch of the wires into the 8020 slots.

8020? I thought it was all 2020. Dang it did I miss something else? Lol. I really need to pay more attention before I just blast an order. Turns out I waited 2 days for t nuts and didn’t ever pay attention that I didn’t have anything but m5x30 screws. :man_facepalming:t2: oh well I have 2 weeks to figure out what else I’m missing and get it here before I get back to finish building it lol

1 Like