Lowrider3 in Florida

Nah, 10"-12" is probably fine, maybe even more. 8" is already excessive.

I can see the shop safety footwear. :smiley:

1 Like

I ran into this issue because I milled my YZ plates out of thicker MDF than called for in the specifications. On my first LowRider 3 (for router use) I got past it during my build by installing the Y stepper mounts without the stepper motors, and then leaning them out and installing the stepper motors. On my second LowRider 3 (for plasma cutter) I also used the thicker MDF and I used the same workaround, but also soon afterward got this idea to make the issue easier to get around:

1 Like

It went from 20° here a few days ago back to 70°. I wear steel toes 14+ hrs a day at work. I’m going to be comfortable here lol

1 Like

Ok thanks! When I read “no more than” it made me wonder. I’ll keep them at 8”

1 Like

You are welcome!

PS: what spindle are you using? Would you be willing to share a link to where you bought it from?

1 Like

I’m pretty sure that part of the design is original to @vicious1’s initial work! I just mimicked his.

1 Like

This is the spindle I’m running on my primo…

It’s been great but it’s sold out and after contacting vevor it won’t be back in stock until late Feb/March. I wasn’t willing to wait that long so i went on the hunt on eBay and fount this…

It seems to have the same specs as the vevor one and hopefully will work just as good. As soon as I can get this thing making some chips I’ll post a video. The sound difference is night and day better!

Now I just need to figure out how to tell what rpm I’m turning and it should be even better. For now I’m just guessing from ear lol

1 Like

So are you not using the VFD? Doesn’t that tell you the RPM?

It is a several week vacation in China. So any orders placed now could very well not ship until end of January…and there is a nasty pile up when that happens.

2 Likes

Uff, my linear rails said they’d be shipped in 15 days… :sweat_smile:

This vfd only shows me the frequency. Unless there is a button I’m supposed to push for it. I haven’t played with it other than just using it. The instructions leave a lot to be desired.

The eBay one has a different vfd and hopefully the instructions are better for it. Time will tell.

1 Like

Well I measured something wrong lol…

Oh well that’s an easy fix

1 Like

Two of my suppliers have told me Jan7th they are gone.
That means if your box leaves a few days before that it will literally sit in a container and not ship until they get back. This is a very hard time of year for me because of that. Anything that is not moving on the 7th means I will not have it for 3-5 weeks. Hoping my MPCNC parts show up today or I will be out of stock for a loooong time.

Gone as in closing up shop? Man seems like this supply shortage should be making a turn around by now

edit…i totally missed your other comment about the long break in China right now. Trying to keep up with this and put the LR3 together at the same time got the best of me lol

2 Likes

Any reason not to run my panel and screen on this side??

I see most people use the opposite side and I understand why for homing and setting zero. My LR2 was on this side and it’s what I’m used to and works best with my cramped garage. I’m sure there is no problem with it just making sure I’m not missing something.

Edit… Apparently I’m still an idiot or I’m looking at it backwards. From the looks of @DougJoseph printables post it is designed to go on the side i want it on. Hopefully im looking at that right lol.

1 Like

Yep, I have mine on that side, and my remixes were based on that. For those need or want their control boxes on the other side, my remixes mention the option of flipping the fans to switch the direction of airflow. My apologies to anyone who had any inconvenience for it. Due to how my room is laid out, I wanted my control box on this same end as you are planning for.

1 Like

Sorry, we are really good at tangents around here. Never always on topic!!

2 Likes

I also flipped my X and Y axes with each other, so I could not only have the unit home to the same side as my control box but also so that my 8’ run would be X instead of Y. I like it. I designed some 3D printed parts to facilitate that. If you have interest I have them both here and on Printables.

Absolutely no reason to be sorry. I’m always good with a tangent lol. Just hate asking a question that you already answered lol