Lowrider3 in Florida

Cool!

1 Like

3 Likes

I see your artistic talent nearly beats mine. :yum:

1 Like

I would rather the vac hose go off the other side. I will be dropping a pipe from my dust collection system down from the ceiling and would rather it not be in the main walkway of the garage. I threw the hose on their quickly to test it out before i left for work. I looked at how the wires were and the hose and didn’t see how it would work correctly if the wires went one way and the vac went the other. But I didn’t look at it very long or ever try it. I may do that when i get home before i run my piping.

Yes sir i will be routing it that way first thing. That makes a lot more sense than what i did lol

Ohhhhh… yeah should be no issues.

Sorry I’m not always the best at explaining things. My mind tends to run on and that comes out in my original explanation. or i try to control it and end up not saying enough. I promise I’m not as dumb as i come across lol

I’m not either…usually.

You have me beat by a landslide on smarts thats for sure. Im currently reading my way though an old thread where you set up PID speed control to see if there is anything i can use from that to help me figure out what i need for my VFDs to at least be able to see RPM. I dont think the 2 are going to be the same but its still a good read. Im horrible about being able to google to find stuff like this. I never know what it is i need to search for lol. I know what i want but type that into google and you get things that are no where near close to what i need

1 Like

As soon as i made that reply i went back to the thread i was reading and this is the first thing I see…

I know EXACTLY how you feel here LOL

2 Likes

I doubt that is true…I just get fixated on a problem and will iterate until it works or proves it won’t. Like the wake up in the middle of the night to try something type. I see a lot of people try one or two things…I try hundreds or more if needed.

2 Likes

I am the same way. Just maybe not quite to your level. It will bug the absolute crap out of me. Lay in bed and cant sleep. But i also have a breaking point…which is mostly self inflicted… I wont ask…or wont keep asking until i finally get to the right question for fear of bothering others and just being a royal pain. That is one thing i have noticed about this forum. Everyone seems very willing to help. I see so many people trying to learn things in various facebook groups just get slammed for not already knowing or asking dumb questions. I have to keep reminding my self that is not the case here. And i promise if you have explained something and I’m still asking its not because I’m not listening. it just hasn’t clicked for me yet. ADHD can be a real pain sometimes lol. You pushing me to try the CAD my self on my tool mount was huge for me. I honestly was afraid of it. You gave me just what i needed to get started and i had to figure it out. Now my stuff wasn’t anywhere near as nice as what you can make but i don’t have anywhere near the hours of practice and experience with it as you do. But I’m getting back into it and hopefully will keep going more with it this time.

I think I will try and find the VFD info online again and post it up. See if anyone here that knows more about this stuff than me can help me figure out where i need to hook up and to what so that i can see RPM and possibly have Marlin control it (not sure if i want to go that route or not). I have been having issues a lot with Chatter. I think knowing the RPM will help me decide if I need to speed up or slow down. At least it will give me more information to give in a post looking for help.

4 Likes

Should have done this a few days ago…But here is the link to the forum post about Spindle RPM

1 Like

2 Likes

Got the new mount installed today and the hose rerouted. Now time to try it out

4 Likes

Looking good!

1 Like

I like it!

The collet is all the way down and flush with the bottom of the core? Jeez those things are so tall. Good that it has a small diameter though.

1 Like

I ended up moving it down some from where I first had it. Here the bottom of the collet is even with the bottom of the vacuum shoe which looks to me to be even with the bottom of the core

3 Likes

I like it!

2 Likes

Finally made some time to show the LR3 some love. Got dust collection set up and the power wires all ran from overhead. No more worrying about the cords snagging on stuff. Also got the new spoilboard “strips” installed and working on getting them surfaced now. Also working on installing the first row of drawers in the cabinets under the LR3. Will post pics when that part is done

4 Likes