LowRider v3 Floating-Z Dust Shoe and Router Mount (for Dewalt, Makita, Kobalt), for 2.5-inch Vac Hose

Hello @DougJoseph !

I’m finally getting around to replacing the “factory” dust show with your coveted floating dust shoe. I have a couple of questions before I begin.

I’m using your Kinematic Tool Holder and an air/mist attachment (see Show me your IPA Mister setup - #3 by Bartman).

• Have you (or anyone else) used the Floating Shoe with the Kinematic Tool Holder in general, and with an Air/Mist system in particular?

• Are there any clearance issues with the 2.5" vertical expanding/contracting vacuum hose being too close to the Air/Mist chassis?

• Is there still room to fit the Air/Mist nozzle into the chamber so that it directs air/mist onto the end mill? (On the factory dust shoe I routed the nozzle between the vacuum hose and the tool holder, but I’m not sure if that space is still therfe on the floating version)

• Does the enclosed vacuum chamber defeat the air/mist system? IOW, does the vacuum suck up all of the coolant and air flow from the nozzle before it has a chance to clear the chips and cool the mill?

My main concern is to have a reasonably high level of confidence that the floating dust shoe and the kinematic tool holder/air-mist sprayer are compatible before I buy all of the materials and print all of the parts and then find out that it might not work.