Lowrider 3 Skr Board Issues

@vicious1 or a couple others may be able to help atthis point, i am out of ideas. Unless somehow botloader is corrupt. I wonder if you cover postage if ryan could test for you. May be fastest track to getting resolved. I think i saw it was bought from him.

Just tried redownloading the firmware, still wont let me rename it to caps, but regardless I think it’s likely toast as a board.

I am not sure caps is a big thing, bit there should be nothing to stop the rename. That is odd to me. Now you said you downloades a firmware.bin. did you try the correct firmare and rename to firmware.bin?

https://docs.v1e.com/electronics/marlin-firmware/

Oh crud it is firmware.bin, sorry

You are putting the card into the board and not the screen correct?

Yeah plugging it into the board w screen disconnected while board is off, turning on power after. Tried adding and removing the micro sd card as well while powered, but no change. Went through the Lowrider3 page to find the firmware, and when extracted it automatically creates a firmware.bin

Also not getting the green flashes which indicate flashing

If you can’t rename it, maybe the card is protected? The old SD cards used to have this little switch to enable writing protection. This would keep you from doing anything with the files as well as flashing/renaming.

It’s a microsd card that I’ve used previously. It lets me try to rename things, but when trying to change firmware to FIRMWARE, it reverts back to firmware. I’ll check tonight to see if it lets me rename to different things

Just confirmed it does allow me to rename the file, but when trying to capitalize it it reverts to lowercase

It doesn’t matter for flashing.

It seems likely the board is toast then, unless you have any other ideas? @vicious1

Best thing to do is unplug everything, try with the 12v power port or disconnect that and use the usb (move the power jumpers).

Also use another MicroSD, reformat it if needed, try a different type of format just in case. I have a micro that will run printing files but it will not flash a board.

Always perform full format and not quick as well

Will do, thanks for the help!

As Dan mentioned above, other boards that failed to flash (rename the file) worked fine after the bootloader was replaced.

Here is a topic that explains the process of replacing the bootloader.

1 Like

Noted, thanks for the link. I misunderstood what he meant earlier I think

Just saw this on the firmware page " If you are using a dual end stop firmware flashed board, you have to have the end stops properly connected first, Info. If you have a series flashed board no end stops are needed." During setup I noticed that it was missing an x endstop, and haven’t replaced it yet, waiting to see if I need anything else first. Could this cause the board to not connect? @vicious1 @robertbu

Also waiting on an STLink to be delivered to try replacing the bootloader

No. Endstops are only read during homing. If all the endstops were unplugged, the board would still run. There are MPCNC builds where the stepper motors are wired “dual” (each motor gets its own stepper driver), but enstops were never wired to the board, and they work just fine.

firmware more, and the bin file does not seem to be converting to a cur file

This is an indication that either the board is dead, or the bootloader needs to be replaced. There are several topics on the forum where non-responsive and non-flashing boards have been fixed by replacing the bootloader. The bootloader is responsible for detecting firmware.bin, uploading/flashing the firmware, and renaming the file.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick answer! Hopefully it will be the bootloader, but if not I’ll plan to replace the board later this week

So I got the St Link and it’s connecting to the device. Unfortunately read out protection is active to Level 1. On trying to change it to level 0 it says “could not set option bytes. Please reset target and retry”

Any thoughts? @robertbu @vicious1