Let's try this again!

26 feet it is then!

Oops, already ordered… No worries.

I thought you were making some kind of would chuck wood joke. I had to read that 3 times.

OOOHHHH that looks SWEET!!!

Btw, you can use a cheap k40 at 30 watts to cut 12mm acrylic. one pass at 1mm second.

I used mine to make a big 4x8 foot open builds machine last year. It will work, however I ended up laminating it to metal plate really boosted it. You can make the entire thing from acrylic, then use the router to cut the stiff plates from aluminum and then add into the machine if you dont have access to a metal cutting laser/waterjet/cnc plasma/cnc router already

Dude! Dig the vicious stamps on the box!?

Typing!?! You have a new box of toys and you are typing…man…

I have a new box of toys and puppies that poop on the floor the first time you look away from them. I did put together the sides, just temp since I found I don’t have the small metric screws for the steppers. Was rolling it back and forth over my kitchen counter edge. Gave me an idea for temp belt attach points. Quick grip style clamps with belt attach points. Still need to order pipes, but the funds for that are a few weeks out now.

You’ve got puppies and a new box of toys…man life’s good!

Take your time, don’t let the puppies chew on your wheels, no more red ones left!

Stopped by Menards on the way home. Miscounted the 3x25mm screws, so I’m short 2… Got one side complete though. Also mounted the steppers in the z assembly.

So far so good? Have I made any obvious mistakes?

Kinda nervous now that you are getting close.

None that I’ve seen yet. I’ve got all the bearings installed on all the parts except the top 4 on the carriage. I forgot to get the 1.75" bolts from the barn and don’t want to wake up the pups. As far as I can tell, all your pics are correct.

What do you guys think? Using those plastic stand offs you get with tv wall mounts to space out the display frame. Might remix it to be deeper, might not, not sure yet.
Google Photos
Google Photos

Google Photos
Think we can go a bit longer for the z tubes. Maybe 16 inches?

Seems pretty stable on mine, not exactly sure how high it can go though.

Hey, quick question, what’s the dimensions flat to flat on the tube insert for the aluminum angle holders? Mine are wicked loose. I’ve got 16mm.

Yeah they are really sloppy in there, mine kinda moves around to keep the hose in the track. That is why that part is an alpha, I think loose is better in this case but I am not sure. Keeping the hose and wires riding in it isn’t easy.

Gotcha. Thought I imported it wrong or something.

Okay, I’m going to try building the table with steel studs, and skin it with quarter inch hardboard. That should keep it fairly light, and the studs won’t warp, ever. If my math is right(hold onto your butts) I’m pretty sure I can build a 5 by 9 foot table with 5 10 foot studs and 5 4X8 sheets of hardboard. I’ll make the table fit onto a set of my shop notes saw horses.

image_5484.jpg

Yeah sounds right. I got away with 4 sheets.

I chose to put the studs across the x (shorter axis with the steel rails). that way if the table sags or anything it shouldn’t matter as much. The wheels and material will/should follow the curve, If you do it the other way you might end up with a high or low spot…Hope that makes sense and my logic is sound.

Can’t wait to see what you think when yours is on the move! You can be honest if it has issues I appreciate honest feedback good or bad.

I hope to do some more cutting on mine tomorrow, maybe another printer frame and some LowRider parts for the store. Fingers crossed.

Started the table. Put up a couple pics in the gallery.