Kobalt router

That is the good side…Makes me smile every time!

8 Likes

Has anyone created a remix of the LR3 Kobalt tool mount that made for attaching a 2.5" PVC flex hose like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Ultra-Clear-Heavy-Debris-Collection/dp/B001JBANX8

1 Like

@DougJoseph has his floating one that works quite well. Im running it with my spindle. Ive modified how he sets his up though. I dont have the upper and lower spindle/router mounts I just ran my normal mount and added the linear rail and dust shoe mount from him. Its night and day better.

https://www.printables.com/model/625802-new-for-3-makes-of-routers-lowrider-v3-floating-z-

I don’t have any good pics I’ll try to remember to take some tomorrow. Here’s what I have on my phone now

3 Likes

Did you upload the mod as a remix? I’d be interested in a simplified version!

No I didn’t. I just didn’t print all his parts. So it didn’t seem remix worthy to me.

Parts I used…

edit… If you don’t have a laser then the TPU bristles should work as well.

2 Likes

Thanks for reminding me… This was actually my plan with the Makita router before I left…

Too much time in between and switching routers, etc… I was supposed to order the linear rail like a month ago, and of course I didn’t, so I guess I’ll start printing and plan for next weekend installation…

2 Likes

Yeah I need to order a second one for my other LR3. Wanted to test it out on one before I went for both. But I’m very impressed with how it turned out. I will say I had an issue with the “shoe body” cracking where it slides on to the mount. Printed up 3 more so I would have spares and forgot to adjust my settings where I had been printing lithophanes and had the wall count turned way up. So basically it printed them solid. Still on the first one I printed LOL. So you may bump up your wall count for that part.

1 Like

I also do a higher than normal count of perimeter walls for this type of thing!

1 Like

Looks like these are now on sale for $79 through December 21st.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Kobalt/5014100299

4 Likes

Hot diggidy dog!!! That is so awesome!

2 Likes

Cool!

Confirmed, but for me it says the deal ends Dec 20 instead of Dec 21.

1 Like

Weird. I guess the Minnesota folks get an extra 24hrs. Maybe in case the weather gets bad, we’ll have time to get to the store :laughing:

2 Likes

I have previously noticed the sale time period being different for my logged-in Lowes account here versus others on the site, regarding the router. No idea why.

1 Like

It is a lot of work to swap out sales. I wonder if they stagger them by day of week so the central support isn’t dealing with the whole country swapping at the same time. Or maybe it helps with shipping or something.

3 Likes

BRB

(Little known fact: a post must be at least 4 characters.)

1 Like

So many of my “Yup” replies turn into “Yup!” or once and while an actual real answer because of that.

1 Like

Price is not updated correctly on the display (maybe thats what the red dot means?) But it was correct at checkout.

I had checked on Dec 1st and they did end the previous sale as promised. It was back to full price, but of course we knew this sale was coming.

4 Likes

They need to flip the display. The sale price is on the inside :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m suspecting this. Depending on how their servers are setup it could be changing millions of entries in a thousand different folders on hundreds of servers…

You know sometimes you have to take a step back and appreciate what tech is doing for us. It’s kinda crazy when you think about it nowadays.

This’d really be a no-brainer.

1 Like