June 2020 build vs Oct 2020 trucks

So when I purchased this project, I noticed that there was some cracking on two of the trucks. So I went ahead and re-printed the two of them. Then I ran across one fellows build, which shows the trucks from June 2020 versus October 2020. And the two are different. Here’s a picture of my old truck that I think would have been built with the June 2020 file. You will notice that there is no brace like the new prints have. I’m wondering if other things changed as well because for some reason I am about 5 mm off when I’m trying to line up my rails and on both axis I have one old one and one new one.

Where is that from? It doesn’t look like the forums.

@Ryan will have to answer that. I can’t remember. I know that part was tricky to print. Maybe the brace makes it less likely to fail.

I did a google on that and I found this:
https://baprojectworkshop.com/mpcnc-project-status-11-03-2020/

and this

And additional context:

Sounds like those parts are from a beta version but the rest is beyond me.

1 Like

That is pretty odd. I know about the truck standoffs, and I do not ever remember publicly releasing those. If anything they would have been the private beta. The primo beta saw a ton of revisions to the core, but nothing else. The Z mounts seem to just have been printed with a bad Z calibration or something. I don’t think I ever changed those…but who knows.

The 25mm and 25.4mm versions do show truck revisions as shown by the “V1” in the part names.

So I am about two hours away from finishing the second truck, but here’s the side-by-side comparison of mine.

Of course, this is the mirrored version but you get the idea where the stepper motor mounts it’s different

Yes in the trucks the Larger diameter rails pushed the stepper platforms to be too thin, so the standoffs were added. I thought it was during the beta but it seems it was after since the parts are labeled V1 (revised once).

Thanks for answering Ryan. Thanks for all your hard work and designing this stuff. Would the old trucks cause any problem with being loose compared to the new ones? Or being offset slightly? Last night I was quite a bit out when I was trying to true the trucks And I ended stripping it down to the base and got it within a half a millimetre on the diagonal measurement now hopefully that will fix some of the truck alignment

@vicious1 should I be re-printing the clamps to go around the bars for the trucks? as I remember those were slightly different as well from what I saw on the other guys build.

No, it was just a loose stepper for some. If those really are from that long ago if they were overtightened they have surely loosened up over time.

Short print might as well, but they should not be different, and they do not really do much. As long as the clamp still clamps that is all they need to do.