Garrett's Catan Set

I’ve seen a lot of people post about how they wanted to build the MPCNC so that they could make a custom Catan set but I couldn’t find any actual build posts on them so I figured I’d show you mine that I just completed. I still need to clean up and seal the pieces a little but here you go. I’ll also post pics of it with the 3D pieces I printed for it later. This was quite the learning project.

For anyone wondering:
Sheep: Maple
Wood: Poplar
Wheat: Oak
Brick: Padauk
Ore: Wenge
Desert: Walnut

25 Likes

That’s awesome. :clap:

1 Like

This looks awesome! Is this your own design, or are files available somewhere? I’m looking forward to seeing how you incorporate the 3d prints.

Great work!

Edit: I thought about this more, and maybe the 3d printed pieces are the roads, settlements, and cities? I’ve seen some boards where the 3d printed terrain, so my mind went there first, but 3d printed pieces would be cool too!

2 Likes

That has got to be one of the nicest boards I have seen yet!

3 Likes

Yeah, its just the roads and such. I never thought about combining 3d printed terrain parts with the wood tiles. Maybe next time.

1 Like

I forgot to mention. I found the symbols on the link below. I’m not great at the whole graphic design stuff so I needed to find symbols to base mine on. Because they are not my design, I won’t release my final files but here is the original design I used. But if people are interested I can give the blank tiles since I designed those myself.

2 Likes

Here it is with all the pieces on the board.

15 Likes

WOW!
Very nice!
I know nothing about the game, how big is the board and pieces?
Can you post a picture with a normal size every day object, please?
Again Very nice.

2 Likes

“Banana for scale”

2 Likes

The board diameter is 55mm and the 3d printed pieces are 15mm in diameter.

15 Likes

Now I know exactly how big it is!
Huh a banana, crazy.

3 Likes
1 Like

Definitly interested, I would love to give one of these to my daughter who loves Settlers. Also if you would like too release your 3d printed files it would be great!

2 Likes

Here is a link to the DXF files I just put on thingverse. FYI, the dxf files are in mm.

Also, here are the different thinkgverse links for the 3d printed parts. You may need to scale some of them. These are all designs from other people.

There are also lots of other versions if you just search catan in thingverse.

9 Likes

Thanks!

Looks like we need another option in the primo calculator.

4 Likes

Awesome…now you need to cut and print all the expansions :wink:

Thanks. I printed the pieces for the cities and knights expansion because that is the only one we own. I thought about doing more tiles for seafarers but then I would need a new border so I decided against it.

1 Like

WOW!
I was contemplating 3d printing a catan board but CNC the board out of wood makes so much more sense.
then 3d printing the pieces.

3 Likes

Bonus points if you can figure out how to machine them out of sheep/wool, wheat, wood, brick and ore.

2 Likes