Fusion 360 Marlin post processor not working

Hi all,
I’m trying to set up Guffy’s Marlin post processor in Fusion 360 but I get the following error

anyone else experiencing the same?

Cheers,
Stef

1 Like

Without more information it is hard to figure out what is going on. Note that Don Gamble has made substantial updates to the Guffy post processor including combining files so that the post processor can be installed using the standard Fusion 360 install mechanism. Guffy’s version required two separate files to be installed by hand in the right folder. See this topic for what I believe to be Don’s latest release:

Hi Robert,
I’m on Mac OS and Fusion 360 latest update. Other than that was really basic steps of downloading the Guffy post from gihub and importing it (import button under machine or set-up) to fusion to throw that error.

The new post processor you linked just imports fine.

Cheers

The original Guffy’s post processor was composed of two files, so importing it does not work. You have to put both files in the folder by hand. Don has made substantial improvements. I’m grateful to both Don and Guffy for making Fusion 360 a viable option for the MPCNC.

Hi Robert,
thank you for the pointer and thanks to Don. I downloaded and used the new/rework and It worked like a charm. I got the first correct movement on my machine, now it’s time to play around with speed, feed, depth on different cutting tools.

Cheers
Stef

Hello all,

I installed MPCNC.cps, and while it posts with no issue, I have issues running the code.
I’m using V1PI/CNCJS with an SKR V1.2pro.

After zeroing and uploading the file and pressing play, the machine looks like it is going to work, but stops. It looks like a weird pause is happening and I can’t figure out why. Not only does it pause, but the CNCJS GUI interface buttons don’t affect the machine after I press play. I have to kill power and restart. Never seen anything like it. Any thoughts?

Chances are, it’s waiting for you to push a button on the LCD screen. When the gcode pauses, you have to click both play in cncjs and click the button on the LCD for it to resume.

2 Likes

If you upload the failing g-code file, we can take a look. David’s suggestion is a good one. Another possibility is an issue with inches and millimeters. Looking at the g-code file should reveal the problem. You might try to run the same file using an SD card to see if the behavior is different.

1 Like

I re-posted in mm vs inches and will try later tonight. I know that the MPCNC flash needs mm.

Thanks y’all!

Both suggestions solved the problem. Posting with mm vs inches, along with hitting the PB on the display. Thanks to both of you! :smile:

3 Likes