Dual endstop issue

I have an issue with the endstops as shown in the below video. When triggering the endstops manually, everything works, and the end stops are in the right loctions. If I run the steppers to trigger the endstops they trigger, and if I then home the Y axis it is working like it should. However, if I run the Y axis 50mm from the endstop and then home the Y axis, it hits the stops and the steppers keep going. What could be causing this?

Rambo 1.4
Latest dual endstop firmware.
Wiring made from scratch by me.

In one forum topic, something similar was caused by the endstops being plugged in wrong. Y2 was plugged into XMin, and Y1 was plugged into YMax. The endstops switches were controlling the opposite motor.

I checked the endstops individually, so this should not be the issue. However i have not verified correct connection of the steppers…

All you need to do is make sure the endstop is controlling the stepper the switch is mounted on. It is not always obvious since skewing will cause the whole axis to stop. If that is not the issue, maybe post a video of the endstop at the failure point. Note that a regular video that we can stop, rewind, etc. is a bit more helpful than a short.

1 Like

I had my end stops wired wrong and mine acted funny.
Try swapping the connections at the board. Or confirm x1 is x1 end stop.

Yeah, if you have the Y1 stepper driver wired to the motor by the Y2 endstop, that can cause problems. It gets a few people.

It got me and I saw you talking about it in another thread.
Thanks haha

1 Like

Headed back into the workshop and tested disconnecting the steppers one by one, turns out i had the steppers swapped. Thanks for the help guys!

3 Likes