Der Froschkönig - Lowrider 3 in Oldenburg, Germany

Model for the mount now published on Printables: Printables

3 Likes

Not super interesting, but since you are all big nerds it might interest you. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Interesting, I didn’t expect it to be encased.

I do not understand what you mean, sorry. :stuck_out_tongue:

I was expecting a spindle to look more metal and less plastic

Where did you get the cable chain?

Oh, that. It’s kind of a hybrid thingy somehow. You can’t use that version with the digital input outside of a CNC and all the others look exactly the same and don’t have any other hardware, so they are only build for that. So they either directly replace a Makita (but being more powerful) or in my case they replace the Makita with the advantages of a digitally controlled spindle but without the need of having a frequency inverter.

3 Likes

It’s printed. I really like it, but taking the tiny bits out gets a tad annoying. :smiley: But you only do it so often…
You can find it here: AR cable chain link opened by arek_r1 - Thingiverse There are also different sizes, the one on the side is a bit bigger, the one on the X is too small now for the touchplate cable, I attached it on the outside now. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Awesome. Can’t wait to see what you build with it… As well as how fast you will go :rofl:

die Autoban Geschwindigkeiten von CNC (I do not think I said that right… Only got to German II :flushed:)

It was pretty close. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I took this as a challenge and changed my cutout for the next box I was doing from a 3.175mm 1-flute to a 6mm 2-flute and shaved the time from ~33 to ~7 minutes. :smiley:

Here is the full video with a few mistakes I made because I switched rather spontaneously and left the wrong tool for the finishing pass. And apparently I deleted two holes… :smiley:

The dust collection can’t catch it all. It’s a bad Pokemon trainer…

It stopped twice because my touchplate ghost triggered (there isn’t one connected…). Need to fix that somehow. I finally fixed my loose endstop though, so no more wrong triggers there. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

It would be pretty cool with a matching v1e cable chain? Maybe with the logo in some way?

It‘s still there btw… Your prediction might have come true. :smiley:

Lol, yeah

1 Like

Do you have a link to the mounts on the core and on the struts? I may have missed it in the topic :confused:

Damn… after switching to 6mm bits based on your advices I was pretty happy with my new personal record of 4mm DOC at 3000mm/s in particle board…
Now you give me a new challenge! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I don’t exactly know which mounts you mean, sorry. Could you specify?

I aim to please. :sweat_smile: I am trying to push it. I know that most people here say it does not matter how long it takes since it is a hobby, but I want to. I don’t know why exactly. Maybe because at the moment workshop time is tight. :smile: The CNC sounds horrible with those speeds, but there is no stuttering that appears with other cuts that are a tad too fast. And nearly all professional CNC videos sound the same. One gets so used to the 10k rpm that is so quiet. :slightly_smiling_face:

The 3k looks really nice, like butter.

2 Likes

The part where the dragchain attaches on top of the core+ the channel where it sits beside the struts :slight_smile:

BTW, what spindle speed are you running for those rapid cuts?
I Always fear I may burn the cutter if I spin too fast…

1 Like

I’m not certain this is what you’re asking about, but maybe this is what you were asking for? Designs I made and posted on Printables:

LowRider 3 CNC - Drag Chain Mount (v1.0)

LowRider 3 plasma CNC - Drag Chain Mount revised for large 20x40 drag chain (v1.13)

LowRider 3 CNC - Large Drag Chain 90 curve raceway (SEE VIDEO: Large Drag Chain on both X and Y axes)

2 Likes

Yeah, Doug’s first link is where I got them. :slightly_smiling_face:

24k rpm. It’s not been a problem so far. If you burn it, you are not going fast enough. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Heck yeah, nice! Try a bit deeper, looks like you still had plenty of room for more material removal.