Der Froschkönig - Lowrider 3 in Oldenburg, Germany

@vicious1 Should I rotate the stepper to the front or is that okay?

1 Like

Maybe run a file in it to notch the wood a bit for room? The front would be okay as well.

How is the table, super rigid? I am dreaming up a new table

Not yet done. :frowning: Hoping to finish it today.

What do you do if you can’t solder and don’t have any connectors? You do the quick and dirty cheat. Hope it works. :smiley:

1 Like

Well it’ll make troubleshooting easy! Just go there first! :smiley: I have done worse, but I’ve never, ever told anyone about it and definitely there are no photos!

What is your printer?

1 Like

That is sharp!

1 Like

Prusa Mini. The prints look pretty good.

Actually, out of curiosity - what nozzle size and layer height did you opt for?

Why are the cables changing colours? Only Primo building me knows… So now I have to play the game: if red is black, then what is green and where does it go into the driver… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Same I used for the Primo, except the infill: MPCNC Primo Schneewittchen - Oldenburg, Germany - #152 by Tokoloshe

2 Likes

Table nearly done, not completely straight for whatever reason, still needs the vacuum channels, but that needs the finished LR3.

2 Likes

Thanks for the settings - match mine except I’m a big fan of gyroid infill for this sort of stuff - it just looks as though it works in 3 dimensions (even if in reality the difference must be negligible!)

1 Like

It’s alive! All the motors turn, despite my colour-coding madness and ll the endstops are triggering in spite of @bitingmidge 's scepticism. :smiley: Pretty neat.

Now I have a bit of a mess to clean up, think about how to secure the drivers inside of the gantry (the easy part) and how to attach this massive control board to it as well. The power supply is going to be mounted below the table.

3 Likes

That’s what my computer desk/work bench looks like!! It is amazing how we can ever find anything/get anything accomplished!!

2 Likes

This is normally my desk where I grade papers… :smiley: Moved the whole construction to my room instead of the workshop so I could work on it in the evenings while the baby is sleeping on me… :smiley:

2 Likes

I want to print this case (Printables) so badly, but my printer is too small and my guy with the bigger printer has problems with his Voron… :frowning:

That looks like a great way to make a CNC-able case.

What if you just printed the corners (all the way into the closest board mount screw location, screw in the board on top, bottom on the bottom), and you cut out all the sides, top and bottom on the CNC? That would be awesome.

2 Likes

Good Idea! I’ll try to somehow do that. :slight_smile: