Custom LR3 Strut Contest

That logo just keeps getting better and better!

1 Like

Here’s my submission :grinning:. You can change the text and font by editing the SCAD file (derived from Jamie’s work), included a video showing how on Printables

Running lights would be nice…

4 Likes

That’s what I have now on both machines. Never could get the word part to work. But I know that’s just my inexperience with Scad

1 Like

What did you want, I/we might be able to help?

I would like to see the web address “www.v1e.com” visible somewhere. (I plan to put it on my rear strut). When I meet my inevitable demise, it means that someone somewhere will be able to get some info on just what that “ornament” in the back of the shed does. :wink:

More importantly, I think it’s a fairly direct contact point should it ever turn up in an unrelated photo somewhere on the www.

3 Likes

I am thinking that we need a new topic just to hold LowRider v3 nameplate / logo text variations. [ EDIT: I added that very thing here: LowRider v3 Nameplate / Logo-Text, 8 Variations ]

Here are 8 usable variations I made based on the prior efforts and ongoing improvements here in this thread.

First, here is a Zip file of all of them: LowRider v3 Nameplate, 8 variations.zip (2.4 MB)

A-1

LowRider v3 Nameplate (A-1), normal 3
JPG:

PNG:

SVG :
LowRider v3 Nameplate (A-1), normal 3

A-2

LowRider v3 Nameplate (A-2), normal 3, stencilized for through-cuts with no islands
JPG:

PNG:

SVG:
LowRider v3 Nameplate (A-2), normal 3, stencilized for through-cuts with no islands

B-1

LowRider v3 Nameplate (B-1), enlarged 3
JPG:

PNG:

SVG:
LowRider v3 Nameplate (B-1), enlarged 3

B-2

LowRider v3 Nameplate (B-2), enlarged 3, stencilized for through-cuts with no islands
JPG:

PNG:

SVG:
LowRider v3 Nameplate (B-2), enlarged 3, stencilized for through-cuts with no islands

C-1

LowRider v3 Nameplate (C-1), enlarged 3
JPG:

PNG:

SVG:
LowRider v3 Nameplate (C-1), enlarged 3

C-2

LowRider v3 Nameplate (C-2), enlarged 3, stencilized for through-cuts with no islands
JPG:

PNG:

SVG:
LowRider v3 Nameplate (C-2), enlarged 3, stencilized for through-cuts with no islands

D-1

LowRider v3 Nameplate (D-1), enlarged 3
JPG:

PNG:

SVG:
LowRider v3 Nameplate (D-1), enlarged 3

D-2

LowRider v3 Nameplate (D-2), enlarged 3, stencilized for through-cuts with no islands
JPG:

PNG:

SVG:
LowRider v3 Nameplate (D-2), enlarged 3, stencilized for through-cuts with no islands

2 Likes

I like this one myself…

2 Likes

I am in awe at your talents! Thanks so much for this. A2 is going on my upcoming build!

1 Like

That one would look awesome on a V1E decal!

1 Like

Just realized I did the C versions not right and a D version is needed — fixing it.

update: the nameplate post above has been fixed, with 8 variations instead of 6.

Also, I made a new thread just to hold LR3 nameplate variations: LowRider v3 Nameplate, 8 variations

1 Like

@Jonathjon

OK, so this one (v3-A) is updated to have “stencilized” version of LR3 nameplate for supporting through-cuts with no islands, expressly for being lit from behind by LEDs. No pockets, no paint.

In the illustrations, gray represents aluminum, and white represents LED light shining behind a through-cut.

Strut 3-A

First what it would look like with the X belt, and the LR3 core parked at left, or center, or right:

Then the strut plate by itself:

And finally the SVG file for making it:
v3.0-A

3 Likes

Make sure you have both files from Printables downloaded. LR3-strut-front-grill.scad depends on fontWidthProportions.scad to show the text.

If you want the V1 logo also, make sure you download the zip (or full folder from github)

The folder structure with the v1e subfolder has the SVGs required to show the logo.

Side Note: @azab2c Milly McMillFace is very close to staying on my machine somewhere…

2 Likes

Also, @azab2c, I submitted a pull request to your github this morning. Given the conversation around the necessity of the keyholes, I changed the script for it to have an option for keyholes or not

I guess it’s not bling enough, but I tried to keep it simple. Font can be discussed. :smiley:

2 Likes

This makes it seem like you aren’t happy with it. You still have over a month until I announce a winner. Pick at it when you have time until you are happy with it!

4 Likes

Looks good. Your optional use_keyholes flag makes sense to me. @Michael_Melancon, thank you for submitting your pull request.

Cheers!

4 Likes

No problem. I was really just using it as an exercise to get to know OpenSCAD better. I’ve not really ever used it except to generate STLs from other peoples scripts.

I see you are changing the parameter in code. Just in case you (or anyone else) aren’t aware, there is a Customizer window you can use to play with these, save parameter sets, etc.

4 Likes

That’s cool, I hadn’t used the Customizer window, nice feature for enabling Users to customize the result without directly editing code.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Hey, just a quick update on my entry, listed as Strut 3-A here

I just happened to notice there is an isolated “island” present in the V1E logo-type. I created a new version of it, connecting it to the rest of the part. I updated the entry post. If you look real closely at the “R” you will see the change!

4 Likes

Just giving this a little bump so hopefully more people will see it. Been crazy busy at work and not on the forum as much as I would like. Still plenty of time to come up with something!!!

2 Likes