+1 for Reolink. Their NVR’s are also solid and port to Home Assistant very easy, all local.
Don’t forget a sticker. Super cost effective deterrent (At least for USA burglaries). “Security signs alone deter about 25 percent of potential burglars, according to the UNC research.”
I also have reolink. The one downside is that the “motion” alarm triggers every time the camera switches between infrared and daylight mode. I bought the cheap version though, maybe other models have a filter. Another solution is to have it trigger on “people” instead of “motion” Otherwise easy to integrate into HA and use with all of the benefits of not needing a cloud subscription.
This one is coming along. Was just a blank wall before…
I used big, deep kitchen cabinets for the base so I could fit my 3D printer and my office laser printer in the big cabinets and have them completely disappear, but still be usable. Its a pain to use the 3d printer on the floor, but it is what it is.
Just gotta do all the trim work for that true “built-in” vibe. And handles. And lighting.
Freecad-ing a 3d printed chess set… because i basically suck at cad and this is kind of fun now.
One piece printed:
and im working on the rest of the full set. So far the knight has been the most difficult.
Your project reminded me of a video I used a while back to help practice my spacial reasoning when designing. It’s Inkscape, but it was really helpful for me on how to interpret multiple shapes of the chess pieces from one host piece.
The Logos by Nick channel is a great Inkscape tutorial in general.
Hey, that’s not looking too bad. A little fleshing out but it looks like you are definitely on the right track.
I got the motor swap done on this guy and it cashed out
And bought this guy:
Sent this guy out to a better home:
Still need to flash this guy and get it out the door
So i can finish this
And the start on my resin printer i just picked up… while i wait on artwork for another epoxy pour and finish staining the trim work in the house and learning freecad for a printed ant sized battlebot arena event later this summer… it is exciting and fun these days.
“What project are you tackling…”
Not sure exactly
, but, @jeyeager’s neat FluidTouch - Wireless FluidNC Pendant project inspired me to not settle with current options available for devices I use to control other devices.
Well, I still haven’t finished my pen plotter frame. It’s all sanded and I put a roundover on it. I just have to put the finish on the face frame but the weather has been iffy lately. It’s looking good though.
In the meantime, I did a drawing. I asked my daughter what we should draw, so she wanted a koala family. So, I got Gemini to generate a drawing.
Then I ran it through DrawingBot and created a drawing with 7 colors, which is the most I’ve ever done. Instead of doing it all at once, I did one color a day missing a few days so this was drawn over about a week and a half. It’s cool to watch it unfold and then it’s drawing when everyone is home.
This is the final drawing:
That’s about 480 meters/0.3 miles of lines. The image is roughly 18x24 inches/450x600mm.
This was after 6 colors, before black. The black part of the drawing took about 3 hours.
This was the drawing I created with Gemini. It took 3 iterations.
Color 6 to 7 is a huge jump! That is incredible.
Nice!!!
Did you design the chair yourself. It looks really nice and comfortable.
No, I’m afraid not. The design (along with several others) is from Kings Fine Woodworking (actually here in Colorado). The nice things about his designs are modest cost, detailed instructions, CNC patterns for curved parts and specific design features to deal with the weaknesses of Adirondack chairs, such as their very low seat.
This will be the first of his designs that I will have done, but there’s another queued up after that:
Usually Adirondack chairs are too low for me, so I’m counting on these to be better!

















