Can't build it, but I can print it! Wait! Now I can!

I’ll cut the screws and rails later.

3 Likes

Are the rails and leadscrews more than twice the length needed? If so, could maybe cut just one lead and 2 rails, instead of all?

1 Like

These are out of my 3d printer. I upgraded the rails in it and these are the old ones. Screws are from my LR2.

1 Like

I wonder if that would be better than MDF for the kits. I bet it cuts better, wonder it if holds up better in high humidity areas.

1 Like

I guess I’ll find out. :rofl:

2 Likes

Waiting for wire and endstop switches from Amazon tomorrow.

6 Likes

Looking good!

1 Like

Cool!

Got everything wired up, flashed the dual lowrider firmware on the rambo. Z homing works, but if I move the z down it tries to drive to the center of the earth. Haven’t attached belts yet, just checking steppers first.

Did you get the LR version by mistake? That would assume it is at Z=200 after homing.

we don’t use that version?

Oh sorry, hahahaah, I forgot.

Yes now that you have a LR3 that is the right one.

So when you home Z it thinks it is at Z=200, so if you said Z=5 it is going to drill, drill, drill. After homing z (really just leveling), then we probe with

G38.2 Z0 ; Probe down to touchplate
G92 Z0.5 ; Set new Z position to thickness of touchplate

Just moving down with the keys should work like normal, -10mm etc.

When I see your name/avatar I really still picture the first giant 4x4’, no joke.

Repetier host may not know. That is interesting…

Yea, that’s what I’m using. Moving the Z down any will just keep going.

Is there a setting to tell RH you are at +200 when you home Z?

We used to use @isathome when we used G92. Because RH always jogs using absolute commands. It should reset its own coordinates when you home. But it doesn’t know you have Z=200 after a home. So it sends Z=-10, and that goes way down.

What I don’t understand is what is the count part.
This is after homing Z.

Maybe it’s time to move to CNC.js? Repatier doesn’t like arcs, and not it is not picking up g92?

OOOOHHHH, tell it you are using Z max.