Can't build it, but I can print it! Wait! Now I can!

Using a .5mm nozzle at .4mm layers, 60% adaptive cubic infill at 100mm/s.

6 Likes

Not too bad. Printed in like 15 minutes.

6 Likes

Getting there. Forgot to change my retraction setting, little stringy.

7 Likes

Man, this thing is chonky! Not happy with the print though. Not enough cooling on the overhangs.

6 Likes

I knew you would print it!!!

I was worried about that core. It is a pretty brutal test. I do think it can be done though. Your sags are exact highlights of what I worry about. Do you have cooling issues on other parts, as in not my parts, or just the core?

1 Like

Cooling in general when I print this fast. The ducts don’t stay over the hot spot long enough. Also found I didn’t have any retraction settings. I never set them back up when I switched my printer over to Klipper. We also don’t have the AC running right now and it was about 80 in my office last night.

2 Likes

Sweet, I was getting nervous. As long as that is kinda expected, we are safe.

These parts are definitely “harder” to print than any of my previous ones. Larger overhangs and steeper angles.

3 Likes

heh

No, I just wanted to see if they’d fit.

5 Likes

I think printed is an option for those. That will be nice for people with larger beds. Might have to make a bigger one just so I can offer them printed as well.

4 Likes

Man, Atomic Filament’s dark cherry cfpetg is pretty!

8 Likes

Yeah. That looks great. If nice to have red that isn’t super bright sometimes. I bet it looks better in person too, because of the reflections.

3 Likes

6 Likes

Installed some new LDO motors steppers to my printer. Waaaaaay quieter now!

5 Likes

Dang that is nuts

A post was merged into an existing topic: LowRider 3 CNC, LR3 Release notes

Slowly getting there. We’re in the new place now, so I have a garage!

7 Likes

The madness has started!

7 Likes

Time to get that new place dirty!!!

1 Like

Hopefully the box grid will be straight enough. Don’t have a table saw, so I’m stuck using a circ saw and a guide.

1 Like

It will end up flatter than mine for sure!

1 Like