LowRider 3 CNC, LR3 Release notes

Why only one rail?

1 Like

It looks easier to keep parallel :grinning: with one rail

4 Likes

So as not to over constrain. Two rails require extremely precise alignment, without fully capturing them that is even harder to do. The second reason is to keep the table usable when the CNC is not on it.

7 Likes

Getting ready! Roll of the required Red already mounted…

6 Likes

So when will you post parts yiu have 4 sale?

A post was split to a new topic: LR3 prints, on an ender 3

Added to the first post, Printables

Infill details coming shortly, long list to work out.

4 Likes

what opens the files here?

Someone asked in the other thread: Why did you get rid of the “big” wheels and changed them to bearings? Won’t they “hobble” when rolling over chips?

2 Likes

?

I don’t think there is any difference other than the urethane wheels do tend to have a little give to them. Any sacrifice in bumps is worth it in Y axis accuracy. The dust shoe works very well and I have an idea for wheel brushes if needed.

3 Likes

Cura can open the files

2 Likes

Prusa slicer opens them too.

1 Like

All slicers should handle 3mf.

2 Likes

This would be great. I know cutting foam the dust will cling to the wheels on the lr2.

1 vote for wheel brushes.

4 Likes

I love it Ryan. Nice work! ESP32 based controller option please!!

2 Likes

Does it cut aluminum better than MPCNC Primo?

In comparison, is it more rigid? If yes, I would switch from Primo to this one and try to reuse as much parts as possible.

2 Likes

No. The Primo is made to cut at under 2’, the LR3 is made to cut at sizes larger than that. This is not a replacement, this is a different size class.

If you are unhappy with your Primo and how it cuts metal, making it smaller is your best option other than dialing in your settings better.

2 Likes

I haven’t seen F version/25mm of print parts in Printable, do you also plan to release it ?

Can’t afford to build it yet with my wife, my young daughters, and all the work i have to do in my house but one day she will be mine. Oh, yes - she will be mine !

It is there already, brace 25. The only other part is figuring out what Y rail siz you have available and I will make a new part. In the US 1/2" EMT is best so you can clean under it (18.1mm). What size do you have available or that is less than 25mm, or do you want a 25mm Y rail block?

All the rest of the parts are the same…easy right?

1 Like

6-pack controller (running 32-bit GRBL) by Bart Dring works well with both the Primo and the Lowrider.

2 Likes