Z slip over large topographical map

Although I did tweak it to suit my needs, it does still work for the latest Vectric version.

1 Like

So I have made a pp for vcarve, based on the test5. Only thing added was the function for alerting of if material is secured, probing, tool change and end code.
Also made it turn on fan outputs on off for those that use these to turn on their router/vacuum.

Iā€™m yet to test it, but looking at the gcode it produces it seems ok.
If anyone wants to give it a go and let me know if it works that would be great.
I will post the pp in next post :slight_smile:

I wanted to take a look at what you came up with but the link throws a ā€˜something went wrongā€™ error when I click it.

1 Like

Have 2 versions:
Normal: with no altered rapid speeds.
Rapid: has modified rapid speeds.
These also have tool changes that shift to X0Y0 and Z to 10mm, also has a Z-probe on tool change and at beginning. Z probe set to 0.5mm thick.
Also has fan outputs that turn on/off in case users use these outputs to turn router/vacuum etc (tested on SKR Pro v1.2)
These were made & tuned for the lowrider V3
I have tried both versions.
Doing 2 identical cuts with same toolpaths etc, to compare.
The normal version took 3min, while the rapid shaved it down to 2min both at F900 cuts.
May not seem like much, but would be a big deal on longer prints.
Another eg, doing 3x struts for the lowrider under normal it took 2hs 47, rapid took 2hrs 3 mins. Both files had 2 paths at F500 for pilot holes using 1/16inch bit to secure strut and tool change which had 4 paths at F900 for cutting using 1/8inch endmill.
Purely for testing times purposes.

Normal version:

https://wirepower-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/frank_wirepower_com_au/EQTYSDbyk15MgqrllhqfEFcBL1vNZnqGMce1cKV3nndwpA?e=4Co9Fu

Rapid version:

https://wirepower-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/frank_wirepower_com_au/EXy046M6kUJMhk-6cHEVz1IBGQ_WyivNY6qoJ6S8z9f6Aw?e=20cGzk

Let me know your thoughts :slight_smile:

1 Like

I bought vcarve and started working with it. I started with Test5 and also tried this rapid version. I was (still am) troubleshooting some tool issues, so I was using ESTLCam to compare the gcode output with these PP in Vcarve. What I noticed is that neither of these were outputting arcs. So I dug into it more by going through the files and the Vectric guide and I could not really find a reason why these PP did not output arcs. So then I tried the stock GCODE ARCS (mm) PP in Vcarve and it did output arcs. I went through that PP and still could not figure out why Test5 was not outputting arcs. So, I copied the stock Vcarve PP and added in the features from Test5 and the Lowrider rapid and Viola, it output arcs! Here it is.
MPCNC Gcode Arcs(mm).zip (954 Bytes)

Hopefully someone with more experience with PPā€™s can figure out what the issue is. Disclaimer: this is the first time that I have edited a PP, so use with care. I also stripped out a lot of @Wirepower modifications to match my needs.

Edit: replaced file with mistake

1 Like

From what I have found in the vetric forum is vetric assumes rapid speeds are controlled by the HW. There are no settings in the software. They donā€™t want their software to override HW limits, I think. So @Wirepower approach is to hardcode the rapid feedrates into the PP. This works, but does introduce some risk for different builds. Editing this in the post processor is pretty straightforward, but there is some risk.

Any luck on a stable MPCNC VCarve PP?

I was under the impression there were no issues with my vcarve PP.

I have been using the one I posted in post#65 above with no issues. I donā€™t do tool changes within a tool path though.

what is the best solution for changing tools with the MPCNC?

I have a section in the milling basics page on how I do it.

I myself have separated tool paths for each tool.
After the path is done i drive to a spot that is where i change my mills without shutting off the steppers and semi gently chage the mill the steppers will hold well run a couple of test cut ypu will be surprised. Then i run that path doing the same for each tool. With a little trial and error it gets easy.

2 Likes

Exactly how I do it. Iā€™ve done jobs with 4 changes, no problem. Just make sure you prove Z before you start

1 Like

33 posts were merged into an existing topic: Z levelling

Thank you all for helping me.
Ok so I will try this all on estlcam.

The z30 moves are the safe Z moves I believe and according to aspire setting.

I will also change bit to upcut bit.
With speeds of 10mm/s moves, plunge moves to 3mm/s and spindle all the way to 1 on the Makita tool.

I will also redo a test crown and then do a small cut square cut as advised.

Thanks all again for everyoneā€™s assistance, really appreciate it

Sorry

@Wirepower,
Can you continue your troubleshooting on the other thread? I moved 30 posts from here to there because this thread isnā€™t about your issue.

2 Likes