Z probe not stopping Z axis

Alright no judging my garage or setup. Cord management is being fixed once i am sure I don’t have to fix it again, as you can probably see from the drag chain mounts.

I did try with the z probe unplugged and exact same results. Also tested it with router but the risk is much higher so I switched to pen

1 Like

I had a look at the differences between Marlin-MPCNC_Ramps_T8_16T_LCD_32step_DualEndstop and my settings.

In Configuration.h:

• I have DISabled “#define Z_MIN_PROBE_USES_Z_MIN_ENDSTOP_PIN” (comment it out by putting two slashes in front of it). This setting is probably responsible for your issues.

• I have ENabled “#define FIX_MOUNTED_PROBE” (remove the 2 slashes in front of it)

• I have reduced the X/Y probing speed (only relevant for G38, not G28): “#define XY_PROBE_SPEED HOMING_FEEDRATE_XY”. The default is 8000 mm/min, a bit high for the MPCNC maybe.

• I have ENabled “#define MULTIPLE_PROBING 2”, although it doesn’t seem to have any effect.

In Configuration_adv.h:

• I have ENabled “#define G38_PROBE_TARGET” and “#define G38_PROBE_AWAY”. Gives you G38.

Try those changes, and check whether you are still triggering z_min (instead of z_probe) with M119.

And in just case you’ve been fiddling with it, make sure “#define Z_MIN_PROBE_PIN” is DISabled. It already is in the default firmware you’ve been using, but explicitly defining the Z_MIN_PROBE_PIN makes Marlin do something weird and it doesn’t work.

Hey guys, so as of 5 min ago it’s fixed. I went to the top of the page and just worked my way down repeating all suggestions. It turns out that the white cord (from the shop) makes it think it’s already grounded. I plugged the probe directly into the board and it is working like a charm. I now have to figure out why that cable is not working and do some cord management.

Thank you for all the support. We did it!

1 Like

I can’t help you, that garage is too messy. :smiley:

1 Like

Hey I set ground rules! Now you have to come clean it up!

1 Like

TBH, I didn’t watch the videos yet, I just saw the disclaimer and immediately responded.